Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flyers....Why?

doc540

Which shot in the string is the flyer? Are you spacing out the shots? Could be some harmonics set up by the last shot. Could be cold barrel vs hot. Could just be a Murphy flyer.

I would suggest that you shoot a 10 round group and see if thats a "flyer" or just part of the larger group. It could be wind. My money would be on "shoot more and its part of the group..." Statistically speaking 3 rounds give you very very little, 5 rds gives you a little, 10 rds starts to tell the real story.

Try a CBS ( cold bore shot ) on an adjacent target then shoot 10 for group.

Try and document the shots in order if you have a spotting scope. It may help figure out things.

And why 50gr sp ? I'd try the Hornady A-Max or the SMK in 52gr.

I would suggest that you shoot a 10 round group and see if thats a "flyer" or just part of the larger group. It could be wind. My money would be on "shoot more and its part of the group..." Statistically speaking 3 rounds give you very very little, 5 rds gives you a little, 10 rds starts to tell the real story.

+1.

Are you loading this for 3 gun or for something else?

I would call that good for 3 gun and probably even bolt gun as my eyes suck and I wouldn't be able to out shoot the load or the gun.

Edited by goat68

• 2 weeks later...