Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the best Fiber Optic front sight?

Maxximuss

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am running Sevigny competition rear with the recommended .245" FO front. I am finding that my POI is way too low. On plate racks I have to hold at the top of the plates just to hit at the bottom of the plates.

I think I'll be switching out the front to the .215" FO model...

My experience with Dawson is they'll work with you until you get the sight height and width you need. Unfortunately, no single FO sight, or any sights for that matter, fit everyone's taste and optic preference else we'd all be shooting with the same thing.

For me a narrow front FO is best and a wide rear to quick target acquisition. No fiber or dots on the rear, that just draws my eye away from where they should be focused; the front sight.

Dawson and HiViz work well for me.

I personally cannot focus on the front site if the rear site also has fiber-optic rods in it I prefer a dark rear sight with the fiber optics on the front, it just seems more natural and it helps aid accuracy.

Your eyes will become distracted with the fiber optics in the back and lose focus on the front sight and I've always been a stickler for focusing on the front sight with no distractions.

So I prefer Taran tactical Glock sights.

I know my split times are faster now that I'm using these sights.

I'm sure there are a lot of nice sights out there and i'v used quite a few, but i prefer the dawson adjustables. .285Tx.100W Front. It shoots poa up to 15 yards. I can shoot 2-3" groups at 25 but they're ALWAYS a few inches high of where i aim with the rear cranked down to the bottom. The next set i get i'll probably get a taller front just to have a little bit of adjustment room.

• 3 weeks later...

Very happy with my Warren tacticals on my G35. The odd thing is that I installed the ones meant for a G17, but my elevation was perfect all the same. Not complaining.....

My times dropped substantially and accuracy remained top-notch.

Very happy with my Warren tacticals on my G35. The odd thing is that I installed the ones meant for a G17, but my elevation was perfect all the same. Not complaining.....

My times dropped substantially and accuracy remained top-notch.

All the small frame glocks should use the same sights and the only difference is the large frame Glocks use a taller rear sight.

Do people think there is honestly one true best in anything shooting gear related?

I use the Sevigny fibers, but the Taran front sight looks interesting because it's longer then the others and can gather more light.

I already dull my fibers down with a sharpie. No need for brighter.

I like his rear sight though because DLC would be WAY more durable than the bluing (that's long since faded and been retouched) on my Sevignys.

Do people think there is honestly one true best in anything shooting gear related?

I use the Sevigny fibers, but the Taran front sight looks interesting because it's longer then the others and can gather more light.

I already dull my fibers down with a sharpie. No need for brighter.

I like his rear sight though because DLC would be WAY more durable than the bluing (that's long since faded and been retouched) on my Sevignys.

I'm not a fan of the whole" I'm a unique snowflake, to each my own" crap, but there is a big variance in people's eyes in lots of ways. Varying degree's of color blindness in the same spectrum and in different ones. Some people cant use blacked out sights, some people cant use big ass .60 fibers front and rear. So options are good.

My eyes like red and I can't seem to make it bright enough.

The Taran sights have a choice of red and green fiber optic rods that come with the sight set.

Green is the most visible color to human eyes. You may like the red better so you get a choice.

But .60 ? No sights are over a half an inch.

iI measure these fiber optic rods at 0.040 inches

The front sight width is 0.120 inches

The sights work best on the Glock 34 and Glock 35 or any Glocks with longer slides.

That said I use them on all glocks

But I have nothing against Dawson

I like Taran tatical for the involvement in 3-gun

Edited by Brine0

My eyes pick up the thicker 0.060 rods from Dawson better, a bigger dot and brighter. I also tried green vs red, the green may be easier to see, but I pick up and track the red faster.

Edited by fdc1999