Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the best Fiber Optic front sight?

Maxximuss

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's very, very little difference among the available fiber front sights, and one is definitely not the "best". Dawson, TTI, Warren/Sevigny should all be roughly the same, they just come in different widths and heights. You should buy a front sight to match the brand of your rear sight so the heights will be the same and you can zero the gun properly.

If you're still running a stock rear sight, none of the available aftermarket front sights will work with it. You have to buy a set.

I thought Dawson offered a factory height, will that one not work?

Oh, they do. I had no idea. Yeah it'll work, sorry about that.

As for widths, I run a .115 front (Sevigny competition) and like it, but since you're only given the option of a 105 or a 125 I think I'd rather have the 105. It's all personal preference.

I have a Sevigny fiber optic front sight with the Sevigny rear on my G35 Limited gun.

I found that the recommeneded .245 height front site was to tall. Replaced it with the .215 sight and it is dead on now.

Does anybody have any experience with the Taran Tactical sights? I typically run a dawson front (.105 thickness) with a sevigny competition rear. I like the idea of placing the dot at the very top of the sight but was wondering if anybody knows more about them. I am curious about the thickness of the front sight as well as the width of the rear notch. I can't seem to find anything other than the one picture and the description on the website. These will be going on my new G35 Limited gun build. Thanks.

I have a Sevigny fiber optic front sight with the Sevigny rear on my G35 Limited gun.

I found that the recommeneded .245 height front site was to tall. Replaced it with the .215 sight and it is dead on now.

That's odd. I got the same Dawson fixed rear and .205" height front that I had on my 34, which is right on, for my 35 and the 35 is hitting about 3" high at 15 yards with both the factory barrel and the LW 9mm conversion barrel. Did the math and it looks like I need a .245" height. It's good for a 6 o'clock hold but I use center hold. Going to have to check the front sight and make sure they sent me the right height. If they did then I guess I need to get another front sight. I will just keep the .205 for a back up for the 34.

I have several sets of the DP adjustable rear/ FO fronts on a handful of G34/G35's. I noticed last night that on one of my earlier sets the FO seems to be mounted lower on the FSP vs the newer sets that I got a few weeks ago where the FO hole is barely bellow the top of the FSP.(similar to the factory pics of the TTi)

I also have a couple sets of the Sevigny carry & Sevigny comp models that I don't have real complaints with other than that I wish the rears were serated & being my ammo sources & load supplies are all over the board, I really want to outfit all of my rigs with adjustable rears so I can dial in what I have in the mag that particular day.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have any experience with the Taran Tactical sights? I typically run a dawson front (.105 thickness) with a sevigny competition rear. I like the idea of placing the dot at the very top of the sight but was wondering if anybody knows more about them. I am curious about the thickness of the front sight as well as the width of the rear notch. I can't seem to find anything other than the one picture and the description on the website. These will be going on my new G35 Limited gun build. Thanks.

I have TTI sight set on my 35, Like them very much. (Optical illusion in this picture, the Sights are dead on) I hit what I aim at. Quick and easy to pick up the target.

Glock_35_TTI_2.jpg

Glock_35_TTI_3.jpg

Edited by Niceash

I personally love the new TTI sights! Both front and rear are ionbonded. The fiber optic tube sits above the sight to capture more light. I do like the it is taller than the other sights (.220" by .125") and the rear notch os nicely squared at .125". POA is POI for me. Love them on my production G17

• 2 weeks later...

The best fiber front is the one you hit the most alpha's with. Personally, I use Dawson, and can't see anything being better than them.

Edited by lucky #7