Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Shell Plate Roller Bearing

I just got my bearing, $3.47 shipped through amazon prime. Headed to lowes in a bit to find an O ring

Just went to my Lowes and they didn't have an o-ring big enough, will have to find it elsewhere, probably online.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I had the same problem about the same time. Are we racing? Anyway, I'm going to try ACE in the morning. If I can't find one there, I'll go back to Amazon. I'm getting my money's worth out of my prime membership this year.

I called ACE and they said they have a few that are about 2 inches in diameter. If someone could measure the thickness and diameter of what they are currently using it would help. I'm guessing it should work as long as the o-ring isn't thicker than the bearing.

Could somebody post a couple of pictures of how it is installed on the 1050?

I am also curious.

for those with it on a 1050 does it really help with the indexing? normally when my indexing gets snappy i usually just clean the ball detent, retighten the collar of the shellplate and all the nylon lock tabs.

There are quite a few options for O rings on eBay as a last resort. Metric sizes are available in several thicknesses and diameters for a buck shipped from overseas. I don't know the shaft diameter but one a bit smaller ID wise would probably work.

Edit: The bearing is .078" thick which is 1.98mm. The 2" ID is 50.79mm so I'm thinking a 49 or 50 millimeter ID by 1mm thick O ring would be darn near perfect. Opinions?

Edited by SLM

35766B and a #52 are the same o-ring. Online sources show it as ID 1 5/8 and OD 1 3/4. It's 1/16" thick. The AS568 number is AS568-030. Actual ID is given as 1.614" +/- .013" It's a faucet repair and camera battery door seal washer.

If you search 35766B on Amazon you'll find them but if you and an Ace Hardware or Handyman Hardware or Menard's around you can probably find them locally.

This one might be a better fit if the press ram is 1.86 inches in diameter, found it at ACE here are the specs, its on amazon too.

Danco 35779B #65 O Ring [037155357796]

#65 - 1-7/8 inch OD x 1-3/4 inch ID x 1/16 inch wall

Edited by dan46n2

Hmmmm... maybe I'm not understanding Lee G's post, I thought the shaft was 1.86.. I'm getting about 1.5 inches.

About isn't a measurement and isn't good enough. Use a set of calipers to measure the shaft.

The main shaft, part 10999 is a little under 1.5". The threads on the frame for receiving the lock ring are 1.86 and the recessed area beneath it is 1.78. When I said shaft it wasn't the best term.

Hmmmm... maybe I'm not understanding Lee G's post, I thought the shaft was 1.86.. I'm getting about 1.5 inches.

About isn't a measurement and isn't good enough. Use a set of calipers to measure the shaft.

I was using calipers, but the exact measurement wasn't what I was getting at it was significantly different than what I thought Lee got but he was talking about a different part. So does the o-ring go around the main shaft or the receiver lock ring?

The O ring goes down over where the lock ring screws on. It's purpose is to help center the bearing. The 65 O ring goes right on but it is actually too thin to fully center the bearing. I'm going to make a piece out of aluminum one of these days when I get some 2" OD stock.

Well, I am the dummy. I ordered the complete kit from the Ebay site. It arrived and took me less then 20 min to change and install the complete kit.

Now that done, here is the BEEF.... Its all good, the unit makes my loader as smooth as A baby butt. No more shell plate snap and after 200 loads not a drop of spilled powder.

I am sure if you have time to chase parts, measure and then go get what you need the cash from your pocket will be less. But, I think this kit is just perfect. Great instructions and your 1050 will run better then ever.

IMHO

Ken

Well, I am the dummy. I ordered the complete kit from the Ebay site. It arrived and took me less then 20 min to change and install the complete kit.

Now that done, here is the BEEF.... Its all good, the unit makes my loader as smooth as A baby butt. No more shell plate snap and after 200 loads not a drop of spilled powder.

Great! I'm a dummy too; my kit is winging its way as we speak. What cal. are you loading that it solves spillage for you? I can't wait to stop having my super precise charges chucked all over the place!

Birds of a feather, flock together. I load 9mm and I am very happy with this kit. The little extras that come with it like the right size O-Ring and install directions make it a workable deal for me. If your comes and you have any question drop me a PM. Its really simple.

Not dumb at all! I just didn't have 30 bucks to buy a bunch of screws and knobs I didn't need. The bearing is 5 bucks delivered on eBay.

I would like to know what the exact O ring is that is coming with the kit. The thin 1/16th rings are easily available and less than a buck locally but still leave some room for the bearing to move around.

Maybe the factory kit has the same issues or there is something in the directions about it but for less than 6 bucks I'm not gonna complain!

It took about 2 minutes to order the bearing from amazon and another 2 to order the o-ring. How much more convenient can it get? It would probably take me as long to order the kit from ebay. I got my bearing within a few days with free shipping, everything cost about $5-6. I have two 1050s so why would I pay $60 to get the same thing for $10-12? The part numbers are already in the thread theres no searching or research left to do for the bearing, the o-rings listed should work, if not it won't take much longer. You realize you are paying about 500% more for the ebay kit?

Edited by dan46n2

You realize you are paying about 500% more for the ebay kit?

By the time I've shipped it half way around the world it will probably be rather more than 5x. But next time I'm in the same country as my press I may get to spend an hour on it, so in my (unusual) case a few 10s of $ is just fine to make sure I have all the right parts, delivered together, certain to work together (not just 'should work'). I did ask if they would supply the kit without the knobs (which I won't use), but apparently everyone wants them, or at least no one else has ever asked not to have them.