Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Shell Plate Roller Bearing

Does anyone have a roller bearing kit on the shell plate for their Super 1050? I am looking for the dimension's the roller bearing and thrust washers used in the kit. My 1050 is still on order and I would like to order a roller bearing set for it. I believe there are several suppliers that sell this size bearing off the shelf at considerably less than what they are goin for on ebay.

Or if someone can tell me in ID of a 1050 shell plate, that would give me a good place to start.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have dimensions with me.

But the newer presses the allen bolts hit the tool head with

Bearing installed.

You must shave plastic tabs locking tabs or use something else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just installed one. Wish I knew about it a long time ago. I did have to grind down my plastic tab bolts (grind the bolts, not the plastic tabs), but not very much. VERY smooth operation...

• 5 weeks later...

I just installed a bearing kit on my 1050 and this thing is pure silk. I load mostly 9mm and didn't have much of a powder spill problem but anything that smooths out the operation is a good thing. Just finished a short run and had about 4 flakes of powder on the shell plate. Definitely better.

No mods needed to the machine.

The bearing assembly probably is a $6 item from Granger or MSC. $30 was worth it to me out of shear convenience; kit has correct bearing and o-ring. The thumb screws that are supplied are of lower value as I (as most people) swap entire tool heads so there is no need to remove powder measure, sensor, etc.

The bearing assembly probably is a $6 item from Granger or MSC. $30 was worth it to me out of shear convenience; kit has correct bearing and o-ring. The thumb screws that are supplied are of lower value as I (as most people) swap entire tool heads so there is no need to remove powder measure, sensor, etc.

+1 worth the extra money to not have to do the research and find the right bearing.

+1 worth the extra money to not have to do the research and find the right bearing.

That's what this thread is for, if its $6 lets figure out which bearing and o-ring it is. I have a few 1050s, dont want to shell out $30 for each one. I agree the rest of the stuff in the kit isn't very useful to me either.

Edited by dan46n2

:) If you can afford multiple 1050's.....

If mine was not nicely assembled on the machine I would mic it up.Then again you could buy one kit and go from there.

Not paying $30 for a piece that costs a few dollars is how I can afford it ;) I'm going to take some measurements and see if McMaster has something, if you go to google and type large needle thrust bearing it comes up with a bunch of pics that look just like the bearing in the kit.

OK, I just measured the lock ring and shaft.

External Diameter: 2.748 or approx. 2 3/4"

Internal Diameter: 1.86 or approx. 1 7/8"

http://www.amazon.com/TC3244-Thrust-Bearing-Bearings-VXB/dp/B0056JIGT2/ref=sr_1_2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1370721581&sr=1-2&keywords=needle+bearing

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006KT318S/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

My question now is there will be about 1/8" play. Is this what you guys have seen with your kits and was there a thrust washer used with it?

The kit uses an o-ring. If the ID of the standard size bearing is too large, that is probably why the o-ring is there. The bearing does fit nicely under the locking ring and does not slip out as the plate rotates.

So if the bearing ID is .125" over you may need an o-ring with a .050" - .060" cross section.

The kit uses an o-ring. If the ID of the standard size bearing is too large, that is probably why the o-ring is there. The bearing does fit nicely under the locking ring and does not slip out as the plate rotates.

So if the bearing ID is .125" over you may need an o-ring with a .050" - .060" cross section.

Where are you seeing that the kit uses an o-ring? I went back to the ebay listing and hitfactor and I'm not seeing it.