Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are these parts for an SA or a DA/SA trigger?

Cy Soto

Also if that is an untouched EGW sear it needs a LOT of material removed from the leg that hits the trigger bar.

Henning's "prepped" sear has had most of that work done to it.

Is this the same EGW sear and hammer combination that Henning sells?

Also if that is an untouched EGW sear it needs a LOT of material removed from the leg that hits the trigger bar.

Henning's "prepped" sear has had most of that work done to it.

Is this the same EGW sear and hammer combination that Henning sells?

Yes Henning sells the "prepped" sear, which has had the leg machined down so you don't have to. The one from EGW and Midway (I think) will need work. I've installed both. Not knowing what the "prepped" sear was, I bought the sear from EGW. It took me probably 6 hours total to get it fit and working correctly. I didn't realize how much material I needed to take off or I would have put it on a mill (which is what Henning does). The Henning one took minor safety fitting, and some rounding of the leg. Probably an hour total.

Just giving you a heads up so you don't waste a couple evenings like I did. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So the EGW sear will work for SA/DA guns??? I was under the impression it would not. I know the factory sear i have in my gun right now (a stock II) is a two piece deal with the sear with the legs for the safety and reset on one side, then next to it on the other side a separate lifter for the firing pin block. If it would work, I would be very interested too!