Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite Match Question

Storz

Looking at EAA's website they show two very different looking pistols under the EAA Elite Match

One has a slightly contoured grip and railed dust cover, and one has rubber looking grips and a non railed dust cover.

Is this determined by caliber, or are they just showing an older version? I like the non railed version and if I order one want to make sure its this....

eaamatch.jpg

and not

witness-matchweb.jpg

There is an older version with the rail , on gun broker. I don't know how long it will take to order one from EAA/IFG. They sometimes don't know when anything is coming in over there. Had a friend that waited months with alot of uncertainty for a gun that never appeared. You will need to be patient if they don't have it in stock. Ask them to recommend any places that they may haved shipped one to. The best of luck.

Storz, what caliber are you looking for ?

Not totally sold on the EAA yet, but either 9mm or .38 Super

Anyone around Raleigh have one? I've only ever handled the smaller polymer Witness.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Edited by Storz

Here is the newer model with different grips, gives it a better look than the stock

2012-12-21132137_zpsed758bc6.jpg

And here is one using the rail for a red dot mount

2012-12-21135349_zps90b03efc.jpg

just to give you ideals of what you can do.

Just got the 22 conversion kit today, will post an update.

Edited by jsalas2

Where did you get those grips? I just picked up my first Tanfo and I like those!

Here is the newer model with different grips, gives it a better look than the stock

2012-12-21132137_zpsed758bc6.jpg

And here is one using the rail for a red dot mount

2012-12-21135349_zps90b03efc.jpg

just to give you ideals of what you can do.

Just got the 22 conversion kit today, will post an update.

Thanks, they are Nills grips. They were on the gun when I purchased it. The previous owner painted black accents to better match the gun. They can be found sometimes on ebay, look for CZ 97 nilles grips as these will fit with a little modifying. Here is a link to a thread about the grips.

http://tz75man.forum...sp?TOPIC_ID=649

Here is another link to someone who makes custom grips that will fit the Witness. A little pricey but beautiful grips.

http://www.czgrips.us/

Edited by jsalas2

• 2 weeks later...

unless something has changed, EAA's website has no idea what is going on. For example, they list the match as having poly rifling, and while I have only seen 5 in person, none of them had poly rifling. And what they had pictured was an older model from what they were shipping.

I have one of the old models with the supersight and the smooth dust cover. Only bad thing I could say about it is the rubber grips are too thick. way too thick. I swapped in a set of henning's grips and am very happy now. I liked the non-railed gun better too, and had to find a used one on the gun auction sites. Good luck.

unless something has changed, EAA's website has no idea what is going on. For example, they list the match as having poly rifling, and while I have only seen 5 in person, none of them had poly rifling. And what they had pictured was an older model from what they were shipping.

I have one of the old models with the supersight and the smooth dust cover. Only bad thing I could say about it is the rubber grips are too thick. way too thick. I swapped in a set of henning's grips and am very happy now. I liked the non-railed gun better too, and had to find a used one on the gun auction sites. Good luck.

I cant remember off the top of my head but either my 10mm or 40 barrel has poly rifling. so they do come that way sometimes. :surprise:

Mike

• 6 months later...

Old thread I realize, one more question on this pistol. Can someone measure the height of this pistol from the top of the slide to the bottom of the grip. EAA says 5" but that seems short for a full-size pistol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk