Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 .40 barrel

JunotFranco

I bought a Schuemann barrel for my limited build. My gunsmith pointed out the tool marks in the bore before he fit it. It looked like the button or broach had been started down the bore and stopped at short intervals. It's hard to describe, but it looked like a button had been hammered down the bore. The barrel was purchased directly from Schuemann. My gunsmith has a good reputation in the bullseye world so I took his advice to return the barrel and use a KKM instead. I'm delighted. The gun is exceptionally accurate and I would echo what others have said about their barrels being fast. My STI barrel required 4.7 grains of Titegroup to make major with a 180 gr HAP; my KKM does it with 4.1

KKM is a very fast barrel! bore is so smooth! i load 3.9 grains of vvn320 and i make 174pf. on 200gr. get the STI slide a bit cheaper though and it's also a bar stock slide

Edited by bonglee0507

• 3 weeks later...

Jim Anylon built my last limited gun using a Nowlin 40 bull barrel, gun is extremely accurate, groups the same whether I am shooting lead or jacketed bullets, 180's or 165's.....

More accurate than my bar-sto barrel in my Brazos