Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Im hooked

S197Shelby

Shot my first match last weekend and I am officially hooked on USPSA. As a LEO and having been through SWAT school I have done my fair share of shooting. But this was just plain fun. I'm now mildly (putting it lightly) obsessed with getting better and faster.

I was happy with my performance considering I went into it saying I would take it slow. My points were high, and I hit mostly A's. Now I just need to speed it up and work on my stage breakdowns. I ended up shooting up there between the B and C class guys. And again with my slowness that makes me happy.

I was quite happy with my M&P. It ran great and it all my mods were good.

I know that I need to work on my shooting to increase my performance, but now I have a hankering for a tungsten guide rod, lighter spring and polishing my internals.

Love this sport.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been shooting USPSA for about 6 months, and every match is more enjoyable than the last.

Very much so. First match I shot production with a M&P Pro, had so much fun I bought an STI Limited, and within 6 months I just purchased my first open gun. The bank account is hurting but who cares.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The sport is a blast. Use it to improve your shooting for sure. But don't get so hooked on the sport that you lose your combat mindset. A lot of shooters do it as a game...you can't afford to make that mistake. Don't practice bad habits for your work while you're out playing for fun, and don't let the game cause a let down in your SA at work. ....Certainly not anything you don't already know, just a friendly reminder.

Thanks for your service and stay safe.