Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

voodoo

I would like to carry an 24"JM 930 ( 44.5" overall) and my AR in the same bag.

We usually travel 4 guys in a SUV, and all the equipment shoved in the back,

so I am looking for a protection factor also, but prefer soft versus a hard case

Any preferances??? and why???

Thanks

I have one of the Safariland 4556 bags, and it is pretty sweet, especially if you have limited travel space. I also just got one of these http://commonsensecases.com/product_info.php?products_id=100192 . I haven't cutout the foam yet, but it will allow me to carry all three guns on one side, and 3 backup guns, or about anything else on the other side.

Another vote for the Safariland. I carry a 20" AR and a 24" Winchester SX3 with plenty of room for mags, chokes, a rain coat and assorted support gear. Well made and focused on a 3-gun loadout.

We went to Colorado last weekend for the Noveske multi gun match and I had just bought a Voodoo, mostly for my LR rifle however it worked great for my 3gun rifle and shottie and pistol. Even had room for some clothes, pistol and rifle mags and choke tubes. I was surprised that the guys I went with most had the exact same bag, different color, but had bought them quite a while back. We had 5 in a Expedition with clothes, gear and ammo and everthing made it both ways without any damage or loss of zero. Very pleased with it.

voodoo has a 60" drag bag that i put my shotgun with extension, my rifle and pistol and all mags etc in.

its a beast, and i highly recommend it!

Edited by k1kelli

• 3 weeks later...

I have multiple voodoo bags. The long shotgun has to stick out. Zippers are eventually gonna go if the stitching doesn't do so first.

I also have a couple of the Brownells bags that are of better quality than the voodoo. I don't think they have as many pockets for stuff though.

Looks like that Safariland bag maybe the heat with the shotgun tube extender holder dealy.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Midway also makes a good drag bag (can't remember the length) that holds everything but ammo. I think it was somewhere around $70. Very well made except the zipper pulls. They come off immediately. I just ran 550 cord through all the zippers and works like a champ.

I've been using the same voodoo bag for about 2.5 years now. It just goes in the car and holds the guns until I get to the match mostly. I don't drag it around stage to stage. It has held up nicely, and fits perfectly into a pelican 1750 to fly.

The safariland and brownells cases are nicer but cost more. If youre going to hump you're gear around in it all day by the nice ones, if you just need to get your sticks to the range the vo

• 5 months later...

5.11 makes a 42" double rifle case too. It fits a JM Pro and a Stag Model 3 comfortably, with pocket space enough for rifle mags, a pistol and pistol mags, cleaning supplies, etc.

EDIT: My JM Pro is 42.5" long overall and its a snug fit in the case, but it works.

It has straps to wear it as a backpack too. Lemme tell ya, they help a lot when lugging your gear from stage to stage. http://www.511tactical.com/42-double-rifle-case.html

Edited by Kimber_45

I have a voodoo but not sure i recomend it. It hasnt fallen appart but has faded something terrible in the sun. I have a smaller Condor bag that i use as an ammo bag baught at the same time and both have identical range time. Both are ARPAT camo and used to be visually identicle in color. The voodoo is now Purple. Yuuk.

• 3 weeks later...

+1000 for the safariland 3 gun bag. I am sure it has had a few recommendations. And if you have a 50% off card for them that just makes it even better :), The room the storage, space and they already do a lot of our shooting sports.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 46" Voodoo. I don't think the level of padding is where it should be for transporting rifles with 2k optics. Otherwise, it's a nice bag with tons of room and features for the price. But I'd go with the common sense link posted above -- best value, from what I've seen.