Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Gear - forend carrier

I have aa 2 round forend carrier from 3 Gun Gear. The elastic is sooooo tight I have a hard time getting the rounds in. And getting them out isn't any easier. As tight as it is, I really can't see using it at a match except as a last resort. I've put rounds in and let it sit for a week but I don't think it made a difference

Has anyone else run into that? What can I do to loosen it up a bit.

I've got the Mark Otto 2 round holder and when I first received it, I thought the same thing. I just pull the rounds from the elastic as if going into slide lock reload and put them back in a couple times every evening during nightly reloading practice and it seems to be becoming more manageable.

I may be pulling that sucker off of there soon as I don't want ANYTHING getting in the way of my hand when "dropping dueces". It hasn't really seemed to be in the way too much during load2 but I see the possibility.....murphy's law and all that.

I have both the 2 rounder and I believe 8 rounder side saddle with

the same problem. I left shells in both between matches and nothing helped. I'm curious to see what others did to loosen them up as well. Right now they sit on a shelf.

I have the 2-pak and a 2x2 on 2 different guns. They hold the shells nice and snug, but I have no trouble snatching one out for emergency (slide lock) reloads. They have to stay tight/snug to keep the shells from falling out in recoil. Maybe a few bowls of wheaties are in order...?

I have aa 2 round forend carrier from 3 Gun Gear. The elastic is sooooo tight I have a hard time getting the rounds in. And getting them out isn't any easier. As tight as it is, I really can't see using it at a match except as a last resort. I've put rounds in and let it sit for a week but I don't think it made a difference

Has anyone else run into that? What can I do to loosen it up a bit.

I personally like the fact that it is tight. Trust me when the adrenaline is running during a stage provided you have the shells slightly staggered to get a good finger grasp on the first one... pull straight back and they slip right out.