Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have a technical question:

stinsonbeach

Sure you loaded it right???

There's a difference shooting a Basketball and a Shotgun. LOL

One of mine says FN SLP Mk-1, and the Dammnnn thing will not shoot low brass sheels. Don't know what the hello to tell you. Except just cuss it!

perry

good answers - & it should say "Benelli" on the side, but it was less that half the price. Get what you pay for, eh?

That said, I think my problem lies in the spring. I'm going to change it out. I have a 24" - ordered & payed for a 22" but hey, why split hairs? - what length should it be? The stock one is a piece of crap. A friend said 9" over attached tube length. Anyone know fer' sure?

Thanks

9" over the tube length is pretty weak. I've gotten bit by malfunctions a couple times on my M2 (+7 tube) from a weak spring, even cost me a stage DQ once. Now I run it as long as I can, so long as I can get all the shells in. Haven't had a problem since. Mag springs are cheap so I always keep an extra on hand just in case.

I run a nordic spring 10" beyond tube with no issues. then again it ran fine with original spring, just a little harder to load. recommend polishing shell stop to prevent issues,

mark

I used to shoot a Bennelli M-1, then came the JM and I bought one. The M-1 was very picky about what you fed it, but the JM will eat just about anything you feed it and runs like a champ. I guess if you shoot a JM your not as "cool" as the high speed low drag Versa and Bennelli shooters, but the steel and clay fall just as fast. :P

Edited by Robbie

"Robbie" - if I could get it running, I'd be proud to use it & beat the Versa & Bennelli crowd!

"donnyglock" - I love to whine! It allows my feminine side to shine thru!! ...& it feels so good!!!

I was busting on the Versa and Bennelli shooters not you bro! I understand the frustration of paying good money for something and it doesn't do what it's suppose to do. You may want to check with guys at Maverick Arms in TX. They are some good dudes there.

say, where can I get a "low drag" mag follower?

Nordic is out.

I polished my factory follower with a Dremmel and it works fine. Look at Brownell's for the GG&G, they may have them. Have heard good things about them.

say, where can I get a "low drag" mag follower?

Nordic is out.

I polished my factory follower with a Dremmel and it works fine. Look at Brownell's for the GG&G, they may have them. Have heard good things about them.

*** did that & ordered one.

Thanks.