Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gateway 3-Gun April Charity 3-Gun Match!

Come join us for our first G3G Regional 3-Gun Match of the 2013 Season at the World Shooting Complex in Sparta, Illinois on April 6, 2013.

All proceeds will go to USA Cares to assist the families of our Armed Forces Servicemen.

3-Guns

6- Stages

1-Day

Get details and register for the match at g3gr3g.whindo.com today! Match is limited to the first 100 registered participants.

Gateway 3-Gun is an official participant in the 3 Gun Nation Club Series! This match will include 3 Gun Nation Classifier Stages!

Hope to see you there!

I see there's a "tactical .22 division". Does that mean any .22 cal. rifle can be used i.e. Ruger 10/22 or just the cool AR style .22's?

I know I can't stay for the whole match, any problem with me just shooting what I can then leaving when I have to, say 2:00PM?

Thanks,

Steve

I see there's a "tactical .22 division". Does that mean any .22 cal. rifle can be used i.e. Ruger 10/22 or just the cool AR style .22's?

I know I can't stay for the whole match, any problem with me just shooting what I can then leaving when I have to, say 2:00PM?

Thanks,

Steve

Any magazine fed semi-auto that has a safety and allows you to lock the bolt back is good to go for the Tactical .22 Division. The rules for pistol and shotgun (including minimum caliber requirements) are the same as Tactical-Optics. There is no differentiation between iron sights and optics in the Tactical .22 division.

No problem shooting just part of the match, just let us know when you sign in that you will be leaving early.

Will the stages be posted? If not what is the longest rifle shot? Also if there is a slug what is the longest slug?

Stages will not be posted prior to the match. All rifle will be inside 40 yds for this month's match. Slugs and buckshot have been eliminated for this month's match since many shooters are having a hard time finding them right now.

Hope to see you out there!

Will the stages be posted? If not what is the longest rifle shot? Also if there is a slug what is the longest slug?

Stages will not be posted prior to the match. All rifle will be inside 40 yds for this month's match. Slugs and buckshot have been eliminated for this month's match since many shooters are having a hard time finding them right now.

Hope to see you out there!

With all rifle shots being inside 40 yards does this mean all the stages will be contained in the regular pistol bays?

Will sign-up be at the main Sparta building?

Thanks, Steve

Great thanks for the response. I will be there. Looking forward to it. This will be my first match up there. Anything special to know about finding the range?

Yes, the directions link on the sign up page seems kinda weak.

If you go to the WSRC home page:

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/recreation/wsrc/Pages/default.aspx

Click on the "Directions and maps" link under the Quick Links tab.

Then scroll down to the map and click on the "Google" link.

This will show a satelite map of the range.

Click on the blue "push pin" either on the map or in front of the WRSC address.

Once the window opens click on the "Directions" and add your Start address.

The weather forecast looks perfect and I'm not going to be able to make it. :(

This match will be a great way to blow the dust off the guns and gear, as it will be my first match of the 2013 season. Lookin forward to shooting with the Gateway 3-Gun group again!