Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy primers?

ParkerNash

A couple of the local stores are rationing which, while you will pay an inflated price, it will keep you shooting. You may be able to buy small rifle and small pistol and load them both. Also, although it sounds awful the backordered shops are shipping regularly.

I've seen some Winchester at Bass Pro, limit of 2000 primers for $50/1000.

Last time I was at Sportsman's, the guys told me there have been a crowd of folks lining up Thursday nights for them to open Friday morning...craziness. :surprise:

I found a bunch of primers on Wideners today. They must have received a big shipment, as they had CCI small / large pistol, wolf small rifle and some others I didn't pay attention to. Prices were only marginally higher than pre-hysteria levels.

Good luck!

Edited by rutilate

I found a bunch of primers on Wideners today. They must have received a big shipment, as they had CCI small / large pistol, wolf small rifle and some others I didn't pay attention to. Prices were only marginally higher than pre-hysteria levels.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up! I just placed my order, hopefully they are actually in stock and not gone already - I've had a few orders placed lately that have come up dry...

Powder Valley just shipped me 10K Win SP primers that were ordered 1/24/13.

I did get my order in when they were still allowing back orders. So, appears that some stuff is starting to move through the supply chain.

What kind of primers? I've had CCI 400's on order from PVI and Brownells since December.

Richard

Placed an order for primers from Powder Valley on Feb. 27 and just received shipping notice yesterday!

Funny, I just now got a shipping notification from them as well. I don't know which order it is that is shipping but either way it's all good!

Richard

Placed an order for primers from Powder Valley on Feb. 27 and just received shipping notice yesterday!

i went to sportsman's warehouse today and they didn't have anything. i went to a local gunshop here and they did have some berry's bullets in 9mm and .45. nothing else. i called my normal supplier and he said bullets and wsp's should be in within the week.