Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rimfire conversion tough on triggers?

bushmeat

Customer service rep at Rock River Arms told me that the blowback action of rimfire conversion units have a propensity for breaking their triggers.Have any of you found it to be true of two-stage triggers only or does it apply to single stage ones as well?

Customer service rep at Rock River Arms told me that the blowback action of rimfire conversion units have a propensity for breaking their triggers.Have any of you found it to be true of two-stage triggers only or does it apply to single stage ones as well?

on anything with rock river on it i am not surprised

on a GOOD ar u wont have a problem. i have several tac sol complete uppers from 6" to 16" shoot them on any of my guns. tactical machining lowers. Daniel defense uppers usually. my 3 gun is an old colt 1/9 skinny shot 5 k thru it in .22. cant shoot any more. dont have time. take i the 6" upper with me. use on my work lower with a giessle sgl stage.over seas a lot.plink at pigeons off the embassy roof at nite. with a gemtech sea hunter titanium "can,"clean about ever3oo Rd's. hope this helps.

u couldn't run fast enough to give me anything by r/r to bet my life on techs are morons also. ..cheers

jjw

Edited by jjw

Can't see how that makes any sense. That trigger should be able to survive any .22 conversion.

Actually a .22 is hard on the hammers because the bolt hits the hammer at a steep angle. (90 degrees vs much less on a ramped .223 carrier) I have broken a few hammer pins on my .22 Spikes over the years and seen it happen on other .22 ar's. The only triggers I run on .22 ar's are GI style because in generally .22 uppers won't run right with match triggers in my experience.

Pat

As a kid after umpteen thousand rounds with a Ciener I had a Bushmaster hammer peened at the notch a ridiculous amount then it broke.

Now I have better stuff and they run great, filthy but great. I built up another lower so I didn't have to worry about cleaning the trigger assembly on my match rifle.

Only issue I've had recently was having to remove metal from the bottom of the bolts on a Spikes and CMMG. They were low to the point that the AR Gold hammer was binding against them during recoil. Maybe that was the issue with the RRA.

Can't see how that makes any sense. That trigger should be able to survive any .22 conversion.

Actually a .22 is hard on the hammers because the bolt hits the hammer at a steep angle. (90 degrees vs much less on a ramped .223 carrier) I have broken a few hammer pins on my .22 Spikes over the years and seen it happen on other .22 ar's. The only triggers I run on .22 ar's are GI style because in generally .22 uppers won't run right with match triggers in my experience.

Pat

hey alaska: it s a spikes. never got anyhitng form them that worked. people are not nice either. woman who answers the phone is rude and wont let u speak to a tech, who are sharp but its crap gear.

cant belive ur works my 3 didnt

jjw

Edited by jjw

Pat

hey alaska: it s a spikes. never got anyhitng form them that worked. people are not nice either. woman who answers the phone is rude and wont let u speak to a tech, who are sharp but its crap gear.

cant belive ur works my 3 didnt

jjw

It had a bit of a break in period. When I first got it it would only run on Federal plated bullets then later it got better and better and pretty much runs on anything now. Only issue I have is chambering the first round with some ammo it some times needs to have to bolt pushed closed by hand.

Pat

Pat