Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Within the last week or so I started having a problem with my return key and only on the BE forum. When I hit the "Return Key" on my keyboard nothing happens-will not go to the next line. This only happens when I am replying to a message or writing a new message. Curiously on this message if I keep on typing the sentence automatically goes to the next line. Is this a default for BE forum?

There is a new version of the forum's software available that reportedly addresses "bug fixes."

I will upgrade soon, as since our last hack/disasters/nightmares, I plan to keep the software up to date.

I will announce it in the Announcement forums...

I will upgrade soon.

NOOOO!!!!!!!!

Obviously your memory is failing... :D - since you don't remember what an ABSOLUTE DISASTER - I/we had to endure the last 2 times the forums were hacked, due to not being upgraded. And that not only shut down the forums, but it also shut down the entire BrianEnos.com site and store, due to google banning BrianEnos.com as unsafe.

All software on anything Internet connected, and particularly forums/blog/cms software must be kept up to date. Software updates often do 2 things - fix security vulnerabilities and tell hackers exactly where the vulnerabilities are in unpatched installations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is a new version of the forum's software available that reportedly addresses "bug fixes."

I will upgrade soon, as since our last hack/disasters/nightmares, I plan to keep the software up to date.

I will announce it in the Announcement forums...

I wondered if incremental regular updates would be less painful than waiting until it was absolutely necessary. I geuss we will find out soon. :)

Thanks Brian. I only hate the upgrades because it means I have to bring one of my kids home and feed them for a few days while they figure out why Chrome does this and not that and IE does that and not this, etc...

And yes I freely admit that I was having serious withdrawals last time. :goof:

For those having the 'return key' problem, have you tried a different browser?

And on the upgrade, since there are no security issues with it - I got buried this week so now it's looking like it not happen until next week.

I can’t install anything on my work PC, so I can only use IE10 when I browse at lunch. I do not see the problem when I'm using my Blackberry.

I’ve tried typing in Word and then copying/pasting, which seems to work.

Have you tried the little light switch in the upper left hand corner when you are creating a post? The "Toggle Editing Mode" disables all of the fancy gadgets, but it makes the editor behave the way it is supposed to (at least for me.)