Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Available to the General Public

sperman

Why not lower the amount?

Say 1000 or 500 and include a "shipped to distributors" clause with proof.

Someone stated that companies wouldn't open their books. But really all you want is a shipping manifest that shows 500 went to davidsons and 500 went to sports south.

Lets face it there aren't many distributors out there that supply all the gun shops so most likely one or two manifest would cover it.

This way if a LEO / MIL buys them from a distributor tough. They WERE still available as they went to the distributor at some point.

It wouldn't be hard. When gun is sent for inspection they have to provide manifest showing the number has hit distributors.

Just late night ramblings

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys realize this has been an issue for many years with USPSA. I will give you several points of consideration.

1. Smith and Wesson 5" 5906....who has seen those on the shelves of any store. A Smith ans Wesson team member shot one for years in USPSA and some investigative research, I happened to over hear an individual talking with a former board of director for USPSA stating that there were only 12 in the US and he knew where they all were. The qualifying factor used as I understand it was there were 2,500 units sold to the Singapore Police, those were words used. Now this was some 10 years after Production Division was in place. Hardly can say that met the available to the public test. However this firearm remains on the Production List now all 5906 models are inclusive, no designation of 4" or 5".

2. For years the HK USP Custom Sport was on the US Production list......interesting when that was researched that firearm was never imported into the United States. It has since been removed when that was brought to someone's attention and it was confirmed that the list was just copied over from IPSC.

Now here is the very interesting part, neither of these guns won a dang thing with the individuals driving them. As soon as something comes out with something new and someone wins with it, there has to be a crisis and then criticism from what would be a small group. As long as USPSA is built on winning and speed, everyone regardless of who they are will always be looking for an advantage whether that be in the latest and greatest sights or trigger modification. Yes I can take a Glock trigger and modify it from the inside and you will never know it from the outside. Why does NASCAR have a rule book that is 5" thick????

You want to make a suggestion keep things simple and stick to them. Overall size, overall weight, NO external modifications to include grip tape, stippling and so forth. 5lb trigger pull minimum. No weighted magazines and get rid of the dang 10 round limit and if you decide to keep it, if someone loads 11 in a magazine, move them to Limited not Open as that never made sense.

Production Division is turning into what USPSA originally called Limited and that got way out of hand. Yes, my USPSA number is in the 19,000 range, that should tell everyone how long I have been around.

Has anyone considered that our current political environment has created a unheard of back log of available firearms. Also keep in mind that manufacturers will also shift their focus to items that currently are the hot ticket. I'll bet FN's focus is on building frames and high capacity magazines instead of bolt rifles. If I were a firearms manufacturer I would be focused on exactly that.....as once frames are built, I can sell them after a proposed ban or restriction because they were produced before the legislation took effect. If that is the case, FN may be the only firearm that you will be able to buy as they might be the only ones with the forethought to do such a thing, after all they have been in the business of building guns long before anyone with the exception of maybe Colt.

I will continue to support FN as they have made a major step into the commercial arena which is good as for the longest they were just military and law enforcement.

Just a perspective.

In my opening post, I said this wasn't about a particular manufacturer. Since we closed down the other thread, I guess the FN discussion will shift here. I'm going to go ahead and close this and the "compliance" thread.