Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL550B primer slide sticking now unstuck

Primer slide has been sticking for a while now and struggling to either pick up primers or advance them to shell plate. Initially bent the rod to give it more grunt to return to pick the primers up and this worked for a while....

Just now finally decided to pull the whole assembly apart and give it a clean, filthy was an understatement and no surprise I was having problems. Put all back together after cleaning with alcohol, tooth brush and cotton buds - now works like a dream again.

Primer slide has been sticking for a while now and struggling to either pick up primers or advance them to shell plate. Initially bent the rod to give it more grunt to return to pick the primers up and this worked for a while....

Just now finally decided to pull the whole assembly apart and give it a clean, filthy was an understatement and no surprise I was having problems. Put all back together after cleaning with alcohol, tooth brush and cotton buds - now works like a dream again.

Glad you're back in business. It's truly amazing what a little bit of alcohol will do for these machines.

I had the same recurrent problem that did not respond to repeat disassembly/cleaning. Fighting with it for the last month. Yesterday, I fixed it! I took it apart and used my Dremel first with a tiny stainless steel wire brush to clean then polished the heck out of it with red rouge and a felt wheel, lubed with dry graphite, and reassembled. Works flawlessly now!

Before I reassemble mine, I always give it a little shot of dry graphite lube.

I had the same recurrent problem that did not respond to repeat disassembly/cleaning. Fighting with it for the last month. Yesterday, I fixed it! I took it apart and used my Dremel first with a tiny stainless steel wire brush to clean then polished the heck out of it with red rouge and a felt wheel, lubed with dry graphite, and reassembled. Works flawlessly now!

These Are My Fixes Also