Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Grip Plug Legal in Production?

SouthernYeti

Does anyone know if it is production legal to put a Glockmeister grip plug in the magwell? I am looking at production rule 22.3 and I think it's legal as long as the plug doesn't extend past the bottom of the grip (Which the Glockmeister doesn't). If anyone has personal experience or is a NROI certified RO I would love a clarification.

From rule book:

External plugs (such as Seattle Slug): Remains in effect – external plugs which alter the grip profile or extend past the bottom of the grip are PROHIBITED.

Remains in effect – external plugs which alter the grip profile or extend past the bottom of the grip are PROHIBITED. Plugs which add significant weight to the gun are PROHIBITED.

Special Notes/Clarifications:

n Per existing NROI ruling, a plastic plug which fits flush (+/- 0.1”) with heel of the grip IS allowed.

n For purposes of this interpretation, a plug weighing more than 0.5 ounce is considered “adding significant weight”.

Remains in effect – external plugs which alter the grip profile or extend past the bottom of the grip are PROHIBITED. Plugs which add significant weight to the gun are PROHIBITED.

Special Notes/Clarifications:

n Per existing NROI ruling, a plastic plug which fits flush (+/- 0.1”) with heel of the grip IS allowed.

n For purposes of this interpretation, a plug weighing more than 0.5 ounce is considered “adding significant weight”.

Speaking as someone who uses a Glockmeister plug---Troy McManus, (who was officially asked about it at chrono as a match RM at the 2012 Nationals last year for the Production division), who looked at it and compared it to his own gun, said that it was legal.