Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

classifiers

If a club wants to start ICORE. how do you get classified without a certified RO?The nearest ICORE club is over 150 miles away. Thanks

It's pretty easy to start, you'll need a couple of friends and to follow the rules.

http://www.icore.org/Clubs.html

Certifed RO's can be USPSA ROs. The classifiers are such that one can set them up in a very limited space. It is an honor system thing.

Thanks for your quick replies. We understand how to become an official club. What we do not know is if we are required to have an RO for classifiers. Thanks, Pete

It would be nice, and you should strive to go take a class and get your card, but it is not a requirement to get started and get classified. Just be safe and have fun.

Thanks for your input. There are 2 of us that are IDPA safety officers. Last year we held 2 action pistol shoots which went over very well. There are 5 or 6 of us that shoot revolvers most of the time. In N.H. I am in the boonies. White Mountains, I've never heard of any place that we could take a RO class. We'll probably have to stick with what we have. We do have a lot of fun at our matches. We also play it very safe. Thanks again, Pete

Thanks for your input. There are 2 of us that are IDPA safety officers. Last year we held 2 action pistol shoots which went over very well. There are 5 or 6 of us that shoot revolvers most of the time. In N.H. I am in the boonies. White Mountains, I've never heard of any place that we could take a RO class. We'll probably have to stick with what we have. We do have a lot of fun at our matches. We also play it very safe. Thanks again, Pete

I just read over the rule book again.

It does not say anywhere in the actual rulebook that you must be NROI certified range officer to run classifiers, it says that on the classifier page.

The "must" I think is related to safety, and not really about anything else.