Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have this problem...Is there a name for it?

Mark R

I pee with my feet in a stance that gets my body in line with my natural point of aim. I'm not kidding.

LMAO!

I remember in '92 at the North Americans, an RO was giving Jerry Barnhart some grief about his "hands relaxed at sides" starting position and you piped up something to the effect of "what's wrong with that, that's how I stand when I pee"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty funny back then! See, it's starting to be clear, most effective dry firing is done in the bathroom, to learn your natural point of aim. BTW, I prefer to sit down if the truth be known....

I was pretty funny back then! See, it's starting to be clear, most effective dry firing is done in the bathroom, to learn your natural point of aim. BTW, I prefer to sit down if the truth be known....

Is that really "dry" firing? What is the penalty for misses? Oh too many jokes!

I pee with my feet in a stance that gets my body in line with my natural point of aim. I'm not kidding.

But have you put this on a timer? :roflol:

Just had a great idea for pepper popper urinal cakes...

Edited by Hello

• 3 weeks later...

I do stuff like that alll the time.

"It makes more sense to go to Target, then Giant, then etc" because it requires less left turns.

Or when I get home from work, "Take the trash in, get mail, start washing machine, preheat oven, then get in shower.

I over analyze everything and try to figure out the optimum way to do it. In defense of USPSA I was that way before I was in USPSA; I think it's part of why I'm drawn to USPSA to begin with and why I prefer it over IDPA.

• 4 months later...

ask yourself: what is the first thing you do when you get in your car ??? Most people (like me) cannot recall 'the first thing' because it is so automatic that no thought is given 'what' you do first........

I have found that the more I shoot the more it happens the better my reactions are. It seems that what was once impossible (things like seeing myself drop them but not catching them) are now easy. mind you just like in shooting I fumble sometimes but I am getting better. Anyone else do the same thing you catch yourself tense awaiting the buzzer to sound. Or you find yourself airgunning in completely ordinary senarios but you see them as potential stages. Anyone else?

It's bad when you use a cordless drill, caulk gun, sawzall ect with your shooting grip....I'm not joking.

I even change the batteries on the drill in my "workspace" lol

Good thing I work in the firearms industry so they don't think I'm totally nuts......

• 1 month later...

I've had this same "problem" all my life. It really crystallized when I was a teenager and wanted to load the dishwasher as full and as fast as I could and be done with it. The efficiency habit has stuck ever since.

Yes, I think this is part of what draws me to action shooting. I'm given a problem to solve and I get to work out the quickest and most efficient way to solve the problem. What's not to love?

So it's called EDA... Good to know there is a name for it. No, I don't consider this behavior to be a problem. I consider it efficient.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
It's bad when you use a cordless drill, caulk gun, sawzall ect with your shooting grip....I'm not joking.

I even change the batteries on the drill in my "workspace" lol)

Wow! I thought I was the only one this happens to. You should see me punch my debit pin in those touch screen scanners at krogers.

I'm a mechanic at a ford dealer, and no one is faster at torqueing down wheels than I am. I keep the trigger finger off the impact wrench when I'm moving too.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, this thread is awesome. I catch myself doing similar things all the time... especially since - I wear my cell phone on my side exactly where my holster sits when I'm not shooting. My phone rings or beeps from an email or a text or a call - I rake my chest to gain access and draw from concealment while my finger is extended making sure some imaginary RO can see this clearly.. Whatever this sickness is named.. I have it!!!!

So my wife is reading this over my shoulder...her diagnosis...you are all just men...women don't do any of that, we enjoy life... now I have stopped listening to her.

I can't say how many times I have made slight modifications to my procedure for filling up my car with gas.

Door, swipe card, unscrew cap, enter zip, insert hose, No receipt, select grade, No wash, wait for zeros, and pump.

I used to make and deliver pizza in college and it was the same thing. What I tuned myself for at the range carried over into the rest of my life.

I also keep my trigger finger up on the side of the frame and safely off of the trigger until I am ready to drill.

So my wife is reading this over my shoulder...her diagnosis...you are all just men...women don't do any of that, we enjoy life... now I have stopped listening to her.

Gee Mark, thought you were just another pretty face. I was wrong, your ugly, but dam smart. I think you said it all.

:cheers:

Gee Mark, thought you were just another pretty face. I was wrong, your ugly, but dam smart. I think you said it all.

:cheers:

I think the trick is two try and only let her see the results of your work, not how you get it done. Just because you can't stomach watching it being made doesn't mean you don't like sausage.