Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8 shot Major Revo in Production?

You can shoot 8 shot major in Production....albeit you wil be SCORED minor.. Yep I know I am an Ahat. Let's pick one battle and fight that. If you want a place to shoot your 8 shot revo put your efforts in Revo. However I do believe that minor with 2 extra rounds in MOST stages will not level out. But that is another thread. Later rdd

Are you really interested in a place to shoot the 8 shot revo or are you just bored and searching for a spoon to stir the pot?

There's a place to do it already.

Is the goal here really to fulfil an unaddressed group of shooters or to compel/force more folks to shoot revo?

Revolver moonclip reloads AREN'T that slow and major IS that big of a factor. You'd destroy the Production division's whole reason for existing.

37% more ammo in a Production gun at the start signal is a huge obstacle to overcome. Good reloads with moons are not as fast as good reloads with mags either. I mean apples to apples comparison. B shooter to B shooter (or pick your class, it doesn't matter). I don't think major scoring would be enough to overcome those obstacles. Then again my open classification is USPSA is with an 8 shot revolver so I don't mind fighting uphill battles sometimes.

-ld

You are correct about the math sir. Bullets in the gun that the other guy doesnt have are always an advantage, but how much so in an eight shot array if one is accustomed to making them count? I guess it's stage breakdown at that point?

I don't know for sure whether major would change the game, but it would take away the all minor environment of Production and create the impression of an advantage to some.