Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
T Bacus

Versamax Story

I shot a six stage shotgun match today and my last stage was an all slug 15 shot field course. So I loaded my tube with 9 slugs, 2 Winchester and 7 Federals. Then loaded my pinwheels. As I placed the last shell in the pinwheel something caught my eye, there was a 00 on the side of the shell.

Further inspection revealed I had grabbed buckshot instead of slugs and i had a total of the two rounds of Winchester for slugs. I put my score card last and as each shooter in the squad finished I scrounged a slug or two from them. In the end I had enought to shoot the stage, but my gun was loaded with at least four different brands and power level loads of slugs.

At the buzzer the gun functioned flawlessly and I shot the stage with a mixture of pops, booms and bangs. I love this gun!

I like here all these stories about how awesome the VM runs. I can not wait to use mine in a match. Had a guy do the something last match. Glad it worked out for you.

I shot a round of sporting clays today with my VM Tactical shooting a mix of shells. Ran flawless. My Beretta shoots a little softer, but it don't hold 10! Very happy with this Remmy!

You just cant beat the versatility of the Versamax

T Bacus- This is a cool story, but not because of how well your VM ran- because this is a typical example of the people you'll find in the shooting sports.

But yes, Remington is building one fine shotgun too!

I too am in awe of my VM tactical. I was going to buy a JM pro and couldn't find one so I bought a VM tactical when one popped up. I could not be happier and I've tired to make it choke and malfunction... it hasn't yet..

Sunday I shot a 2gun match and put 75 rounds of cheap Wally World Federals through my "new to me" VM. Not a hiccup and soft recoil, more than I can say about my M2!

T Bacus,

I ROed you Sunday it was like a gum ball machine waiting to see what color hull was ejected. Green, blue, clear and I’m not sure all what else. I gave you Remington Managed Recoil and Fiocchi Low Recoil 7/8 oz slug. I don’t know what the blue ones were. Bang, pop, pop, bang, BOOM, pop, bang, BOOM, it ate it all. Then I was dumb enough to take you up on shooting it.

Now I want one!

Walt

I went through a 5 gallon bucket of turned in ammo. Old, dirty, miscellaneous junk and the ONLY round that had a problem was a 7/8 oz. featherweight load that sounded more like a squib than a shotgun blast. It stovepiped. Everything else was perfect. Lots of split brass on the ground. And the gun was dirty as hell. How long has it been since Sears sold ammo???

Ran my VM at Superstition which is the first major with it...100% flawless. :cheers:

Had a nice talk with a VM product engineer this morning. :cheers:

Im a firm believer that the VM is on top of the game.

Did the VM Engineer have anything interesting to say that you could share?

Ran my VM at Superstition which is the first major with it...100% flawless. :cheers:

Had a nice talk with a VM product engineer this morning. :cheers:

Mick, it was interesting, but I can not share today. Maybe in a few months. I must say that I have been impressed with their openess to hear the reviews and then give them due consideration.