Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady One Shot Cleaner/Dry Lube

jmtyndall

Anybody used this stuff? The store I work at picked some up and I got a sample of it. Lubed up my glock, feels pretty slick, but definitely not oily. I found someone online saying Hornady recommended this stuff be re-applied after 40 rounds, which is absolutely ridiculous. I've used some of the other "wonderlubes" before, froglube for example. It seemed to work okay, but the lack of any real information and the insane claims have led me to give the rest of it away. Always head back to CLP or automotive products for my guns. Anyways, I was really hoping this Hornady dry-lube would be good to go, and now I'm just looking for anyone who might be using it with good results.

Edited by jmtyndall

I use it for the occasional loading die and shell plate cleaning. Very good results. Not to excited about spraying it on/in guns, especially a Glock. The recommended five little oil drops still work the best for them.

Really like Hornady's One Shot Case Lube. I have tried a hundred substitutes but Hornady wins out every time.

I use this stuff on the inside of my mag tubes to improve the feeding performance of the magazines. It does attract dirt/dust so if you dump a mag in the dirt you pretty much have to decommission using it until you can clean it out with brake cleaner or similar type of cleaner. I usually bring 10 magazines to a club match and if I dump a mag in the dirt during a stage run I will just put it in the range bag and clean it properly when I get home.

I also use the One Shot Cleaner/Dry Lube to clean my ammo after I reload it. I use the One Shot case lube to lube the brass before reloading it. Then when I am done loading the ammo I will use the Cleaner/Dry Lube to clean the extra case lube off of the rounds. A little goes a long way.

One shot works great for case lube, but I agree with Jman, not the best thing for a Glock. Glocks do not require alot of lubricant.

Other things do in life though, but the glocks do okay with minor attention. Shoot and have fun.

It's a must for most auto loaders , I have used it for many years, when the buck mark 22 came out the 80's it's was recommend, it will last approximate 100 rounds. The hornady l n l ap

Press is required clean and lube evey part befor using, even inside the powder dispenser. I use it just too clean my sti edge, but use pf10 too lube it.