Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.45 Single Stack Mag Holders

Indiana James

I like the Safariland 771 myself, 4 of them on my L-10 rig. If you go this route, I would HIGHLY recomend spending the few extra bucks and getting the Praire River control knobs. They allow you to control the tensions that is holding the mag in place, which can be nice to adjust for long field courses, vs. stand in one place speed shoots.

Indy.. I didn't put the "James Indiana" thing together until I read the other posts, even though I heard the story from Erik at the last Open match...

I have the 771's.. Search on 771 and 773 for the differences. They're just cut a little different.

If you're at the next Richmond Limited match, you can try mine, see if you like them...

I asked a similar question a few months ago here.

I ended up going with the same setup as Nik Habicht - safariland 771 up front with a pile of 773s around the side. I did this because I was worried about the 771 being a bit loose and having mags fly out. However, the 771 seems just as secure (to me) as the 773 and I would probably just get a bunch of those.

Also, I was given the advice to go with CR Speed Versa-Pouches so if I ever decided to go with a double stack pistol I could just pop out the inserts and be good to go. That was good advice. Now with a STI 2011 on the way, I have to buy a completely new rig. Just something to think about.

Hope this helps,

-jon