Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new girl from va

glockgirl27

Hey there. Welcome to BE and welcome to the shooting community. I'm in the va area also. What exactly did you want to get into? Classes or competition or anything? If so do you have an idea of what compition?

hey. well i got the gun for more of protection when i am at home, but then a girlfried from work showed me a video of her husband shooting at some match and it looked like a lot of fun. idk what the match was called or where exactly it was. are there more then one style of matches???

Glockgirl, check out USPSA.org and IDPA.com and use their club finder thread for clubs that may be near you (relatively speaking). As was stated GSSF matches are another option as well as bowling pins. Enjoy your G17 and welcome to the forum.

Richard

Edited by chirpy

this GSSF, what do they do there and do they have a link? Haven't heard of it myself and I'm interested now haha.

And yes, there's a ton of different matches. I don't know how far your willing to drive but in the Hampton roads area they offer IDPA at NCRR. it's fun and that's where I started. The stages aren't to complicated and gets you trigger time. If you look in a few other topics. They will explain IDPA in detail.

Also, in NC they offer USPSA. It's a little more aggressive then NCRR but a blast all the same. again, other topics here can explain it a great detail.

Those are the two I've done personally and recommend. You won't need much if you just want to go have some fun. Gun and a few magazines and a way to carry it all.

Check out North Mountain.www.northmountainps.com .....great club outside of Strasburg Va.

my wife and I run it...great little club

we shoot on the 3rd Sunday of the month with sign up on the Monday night before the 3rd Sunday.

come out and watch a match so you can get a feel of whats going on-- safety rules, gear you need, etc.

Dan C

thanks 'yall. the gssf looks like fun but idk about the drive. the ncrr is closer to me and sounds like its a good time. i youtubed a few videos of both the idpa and uspsa and idk if i can handle uspsa

That is a great example of creative writing. You'll fit in well here. :D

Welcome! If you got your gun for protection, it is very important that you practice with it regularly. I also suggest shooting one of the handgun sports such as IDPA, USPSA, PPA etc. You might also find out that it’s a heck of a lot of fun too.

Edited by Azoneonly