Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

...the smell of free ammo in the morning

EricW

So there I am, in front of the hacienda, throwing bumpers for the pooch, minding my own business, when my neighbor across the street walks up with two cartons of .22 ammo and hands them to me.  I really needed that ammo to boot as I'd shot up all my stash when I bought my .22 top end for my Glock.  

Then he tells me, "There's more where that came from."

If that's not the start of a great day, I don't know what is.

Well...mine will be soon enough.  Today was about the only good thing that's happened in the 'hood in a whole long string of bad.  I'm rethinking the desirability of neighbors.  The mountop hideout retreat is sounding better by the day...

Hey my Wife has one of those in her......

nevermind...hehe

Word of warning:

Don't get your dogs addicted to beggin strips, you know the bacon snacks.

I have 2 basenjis and that is their "crack"...hehe..

That is cool Eric as I too love the smell of .22 brick ammo in the morning but what is REALLY cool is that my father-in-law found out that I shoot Ipsick and my wifey told him that it does indeed involve a firearm of sorts...

He gave us 6 vintage WWII German Lugers (most of them were a Black Widow, whatever that means), and to pass them along to our many children someday...

Wow, they look really new and most of them have this crooked cross thingy and one has a leather officers holster...hehe

They are sleeping in my gun safe along with a vintage WWI mauser .22 that REALLY shoots accurate...

Good stuff....

bird

Quote: from EricW on 3:12 pm on Jan. 16, 2003

I'm rethinking the desirability of neighbors.  The mountop hideout retreat is sounding better by the day...

That's the very reason that four years ago we moved from the DC metro area to a small farm in the Shenandoah Valley.  Nearest neighbor is 1/4 mi, we built our own range(an afternoon of practice or testing a new load requires a walk of only 100 yds),  I can walk out in my BVD's and nobody's around, and being able to look a mountains out three sides of the house.  The only bad thing is the 1 1/2 hr drive back to the city every day to be able to afford the place, but I'm working on that too!