Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 USPSA MG Nationals

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poppers will still be calibrated for minor... so don't go too crazy.

Just mix in some 130pf popper ammo with your 100 pf paper ammo ;)

Be careful - bullets have to COMPLETELY penetrate paper targets to score :roflol:

I'll just shoot a perfect double, the second bullet will push the first one through ;)

Poppers will still be calibrated for minor... so don't go too crazy.

So if we show up with 125 ammo, we should be good on steel?

Maybe. At a minimum I'd do what Gose says... 130 PF for steel and 100 PF for steel. It would be like any other USPSA match. If a calibrated steel target does not fall you can ask for calibration. If it falls when they shoot it you take the miss. Me I'll run my Production ammo that's around 135 PF.

Is the squad list available? If it is, please let me know where to look for the electronic version.

Last year, it was not available until registration.

with the ammo situation as it is right now can I buy shotgun shells locally?

Bulk packs of Winchester or Fedeal have been hard to find. Last week Sportsmans Warehouse and Bass Pro have had plenty of individual boxes in stock.

Will there be ammo vendors at the match? My ammo shipment is late. Have rifle and slugs - need clays and 9mm.

Annybody able see to hook me up until the after noon?

I’m shooting 40 so no help there, but I have 2 spare boxes of Winchester 12 gage, 2 3/4, #7.5 if that helps.

I’m on squad 14, stage one at 0910.

With all but one stage under my belt, I'll be the first to give feedback. Overall the match was fun, the stages obviously took a lot of work to build (a HUGE thank you to the construction crew), and the ROs were professional as usual.

Now for my big complaint. Using long-range targets that you both refuse to paint AND don't have backers is just unacceptable for a match of this magnitude. I'm shooting Limited with an unmagnified red dot. I shot Stage 7 (including the 2MOA head box at 260yds) first thing this morning and initially the tiny targets were completely invisible to the naked eye - thankfully my squad mates let me shoot last so I was at least able to see the targets (barely). I then shot Stage 11 last thing this afternoon, and the gray steel targets completely disappeared into the shadow of the berm divot... the photo below tells the sorry tale. I just had to index off the white flash card and pump rounds out until I got the hits. Even a top Open shooter on our squad couldn't see the targets. Not cool !!!

USPSAMGNats2013Stage11Targetsannotated_z

USPSAMGNats2013Stage11Targetsclose_zps8c

As I said, overall an enjoyable match, and I look forward to coming back again in future years. Just please don't cheap out on the backers and paint next time, 'kay?

Edited by StealthyBlagga

OK, now I'm really not a happy camper. We went to Stage 7 to watch the Super Squad a squad of top competitors shoot first thing this morning. What do you know - all the steel targets were FRESHLY PAINTED. What happened to "we are not painting these targets"? One rule for the Super Squad some shooters, another rule for the rest? Very not cool :angry2:

Come on USPSA - if we really want to be a leader in 3-Gun, we are going to have to do a lot better than this.

2013-04-288amStage7_zpse1398e99.jpg

Edited by StealthyBlagga

OK, now I'm really not a happy camper. We went to Stage 7 to watch the Super Squad shoot first thing this morning. What do you know - all the steel targets were FRESHLY PAINTED. What happened to "we are not painting these targets"? One rule for the Super Squad, another rule for the rest? Very not cool :angry2:

Come on USPSA - if we really want to be a leader in 3-Gun, we are going to have to do a lot better than this.

2013-04-288amStage7_zpse1398e99.jpg

You'll have to complain longer and louder next time - just like politics.

Congrats to Nils!!!! Just think what he could do with a decent scope.