Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 USPSA MG Nationals

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the numerically challenged, I calculate the following round count: 196 pistol, 203 rifle, 109 shotgun birdshot, 15 shotgun slugs. No buckshot.

I think you missed 4 plates that are either birdshot or pistol?

What are the probable distances for the longest range rifle targets that appear to be available on 2 of the stages? Are we talking under 350, 450?

I think theyve been around 350-375 before

Edited by gose

For the numerically challenged, I calculate the following round count: 196 pistol, 203 rifle, 109 shotgun birdshot, 15 shotgun slugs. No buckshot.

I think you missed 4 plates that are either birdshot or pistol?

You are right - I guess I'm the one who is numerically challenged :roflol:

QUESTION: Will this match be shot under the January 2012 Provisional Rules Addendum, or is there an updated version of the rules we should be reading?

Nope, the 2013 MG rules, as listed on the USPSA website.

I found this January 2013 rules document on the USPSA website. It is still marked "provisional" and looks more like a rough draft (typos, no USPSA logos etc). Is this the final version we can expect to be used at the Nationals?

Edited by StealthyBlagga

QUESTION: Will this match be shot under the January 2012 Provisional Rules Addendum, or is there an updated version of the rules we should be reading?

Nope, the 2013 MG rules, as listed on the USPSA website.

I found this January 2013 rules document on the USPSA website. It is still marked "provisional" and looks more like a rough draft (typos, no USPSA logos etc). Is this the final version we can expect to be used at the Nationals?

If you found it on the NROI page under USPSA rules, yes. I don't have time to go through the 79 pages looking for the typos you see, but yes that's it. The MG rules have been listed as Provisional for years to allow us to make changes as needed.

If you found it on the NROI page under USPSA rules, yes. I don't have time to go through the 79 pages looking for the typos you see, but yes that's it. The MG rules have been listed as Provisional for years to allow us to make changes as needed.

Yes, that is where I found this document. The cover page says "provisional" and the date has a typo ("Janurary") - not a big deal of course. If these are the rules the match will be run under, I'll print a copy off and start reading. I just didn't want to invest the effort if a newer version is in the works.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Ammo Quantities: The approximate minimum round count is 114 rifle, 115 pistol, 101 birdshot and 18 slugs. This match will be scored using Time Plus, so these numbers are the minimum needed for one shot per target. Plan accordingly for reshoots, extra shots, etc. You may ship ammo to yourself at your hotel, if you wish to do so, or you may ship your ammo to American Shooters

Address details are in the shooter packet : HERE

Competitors may pick up their ammo shipments during business hours, only. American Shooters are open Monday-Saturday, 9AM-6PM.

Edited by BritinUSA

If the match is being scored with time-plus, does that mean there will not be any Cronoing, or min/major powerfactor for pistol for 223 rifle?

8.3.5 Power Factors do not apply to Time Plus scoring and there is no minimum power factor.

And as far as I can tell this holds true for all divisions, including HM.

So a chrono doesnt really make sense.

Poppers will still be calibrated for minor... so don't go too crazy.

I am not going to change anything from normal, but I like not having one more thing to worry.

You guys who memorize the rule books are awesome