Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BC 125 and wst powder loads short c.o.a.l.

tiger49931

I got some info before but it was for 1.145 c.o.a.l i plunk tested my M&P pro and its short 1.13 so im looking for loads at 1.09/1.10 coal anyone got some for that short a load ???

I may have plunk tested wrong I took a spent cartriges and the barrel out of the pistol placed a BC bullet in the cartridge out as far as it would hold it and slowly pushed it into the chamber til the casing went flush in the chamber and got what i would think is a short C.O.A.L 1.13 retested 4 times and got the same. its a stock barrel so ? im not sure if they just made them that way or i got a fluke..

Edited by tiger49931

Ok so how far do you push the powder to fill ratio. my gun shoots jackets round extremely well at about 1100 FPs i did the wst thing for my 9 started low and chronoed each one. between 3.6 -4.6 grains loaded to a C.O.A.L of 1.10 there was a speed variant of maybe 150 FPS 3.6 gave me about 920 or so and 4.6 gave me about 1087. But at 25yrds my groups were in my mind horrendous averaging 4 inch 5 shot groups retesting groups tomorrow. but is this normal for such a minor change in speed over such a great powder weight difference?

Edited by tiger49931

I don't know if this will help or not but I just went through this yesterday. I found the OAL at 1.085 and it took 4.9 grains of WST to fully function my gun. I was getting an ave. of 1125 FPS. This is not what I would call a soft load but the groups were very good and functioning was perfect in my XD-9. I have a HP that has a short lead and this load worked perfectly in it and my Wife's PT-1111 also. I don't think I would want to go any shorter on OAL or any higher with the WST. Anything less than 4.6 would not lock the slide back on the last round and the groups tightened significantly at 4.9.

• 2 weeks later...