Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Most Accurate Bullet Brand for 45ACP?

glockdude1

I just got my Kimber back from Clark Custom and their load for testing is a 185 gr Nosler over Bullesye powder and the test target came in with a 6 out 10 shot group within a inch square at 50yds in a Ransom Rest.

For what you need, load the cheapest bullet you can find. For Bullseye, a swaged SWC, 185 or 200 gr, will shoot as well as the gun can.

The Berry 200 gr plated SWC shoots very well, but the bullets listed above will shoot a 100-10X on demand if the gun is up to it and if the shooter can do his part.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The H&G 68 SWC bullet I've found is the most accurate bullet in .45 ACP, in whatever gun I've tried them. From a SA Blackhawk to 625 to multiple 1911's. And it's also one of the most reliable in feeding, in my experience even more so than FMJ. Either in Lead or Moly or Poly coated. It doesn't always seem to translate over to Jacketed and Plated though.

As for Jacketed a HP always seems more accurate than a FMJ. As for the various FMJ's Montana Gold, Precision Delta, Zero and all of the Premium Brands are good. The standard Remington, Winchester FMJ are less so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi one and all,

here in Italy we've got two producers of cast and plated bullets,namely Target Bullets and Dynamic Bullets,whose products are scaringly accurate,especially so their T68 LSWCs,but they are most likely unknown Stateside and surely enough not available over there.Italy's Fiocchi,on the other hand,which is well known Stateside and which is one of the "Factory" STI IPSC Team's main sponsors,makes two styles of FMJ bullets which are amongst the most accurate I've shoot to date and I think that they are available in the USoA.Their 230grs FMJ(identical to the military hardball) and the 200grs FMJ are absolutely GREAT and shoot equally well from just about any barrel I've owned and tried,be they Bar-Sto's (hailing back to the very early 2000s),KKMs,Les Baer's,Wilson's,Nowlin's and Schuemann's.
I'd suggest you to give this bullets a try if you want to have a go to a FMJ.I've been using N310 exclusively for the past 10 years and found it to be the best powder available this side of the Ocean.I use it in my 40S&W loads as well,and it works a charm, but in this case you've got to be VERY careful because the pressure limits are easily exceeded!
Cheers
Manu