Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Most Accurate Bullet Brand for 45ACP?

glockdude1

http://www.bullseyep...com/reloads.htm

http://www.rozedist....m5/merchant.mvc

It seems like most of the Bullseye guys like a swaged lead 185 swc. Nosler makes a 185 jhp competition bullet that I like. Nosler, Zero and Hornady are all great but Zero gives the most accuracy for the money.

Generally, Hornady XTP's are thought of as an accuracy standard, and the jhp profile more accurate than the round nose.

Edited by toothguy

Personally, I've found a good 200gr LSWC to be about as accurate as any.

I have to 2nd this... I have found the least accurate out of my gun to be 230grn Zero FMJ's Could be my fault. I never did any load development for them at all, I picked a load, made sure it made PF and shot them in the state match where I found out the accuracy sucked!

Almost any 200 grain moly bullet has been my most accurate bullet.. I have used bear creek bullets for a long time but have used others such as bullets bullets bullets , and J&L bullets. All have been more accurate in my 45acp's than any plated, fmj , or lead bullet with lube. You probably can't go too wrong with a 200 grain bullet in most 45acp's. I prefer semi-wad-cutters because it leaves a clean paper punch type hole in the target.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Accurate for what? I carry for SD and I practice for that eventuality with standard B27 police silhouette targets at various distances from 3 yards to 25 yards. With Rainier, Montana Gold, Frontier or 200 FP, 230 RN or HP reloads I consistently shoot point of aim to center body mass and/or head with my Glock 36. And with carry ammo such as 230 gr Gold Dot HPs or Federal HST accuracy is even better.

• 4 weeks later...

Need some feedback please...

What have you guys found was the most accurate 45ACP bullet...

Montana Gold, Nosler, Rainier, Berrys, etc., etc.

Is there much difference in HP vs. RN bullets for accuracy?

What do you want to use them for? Out of what gun?

• 3 weeks later...

Hands down the most accurate bullet I've ever used.

+1, using either Clays or Titegroup. Very economical, too. Much prefer waxed over moly.

Edited by jkrispies

I have a Sig 1911 and am shooting it in fun-shoots and maybe USPSA

Try to find some 200 grain lead semi-wadcutter (LSWC). Try some 231 for powder.

There are many great loads for the 45ACP. Your reloading manual should have numerous choices.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Sig 1911 and am shooting it in fun-shoots and maybe USPSA

The accuracy requirements for this are really pretty low relatively speaking. Just about anything short of a small rock shoved over top of your favorite powder should suffice!

On a serious note, with this use I don't see the need in spending the $ for much more than cast or plated.

Yep. Load with Bullseye or something similar (fast burning). In a capable gun, they'll give you 1/2" groups at 25 yards all day long.