Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

belt clips for Saiga mags

RH45

Thanks for the quick replies! :cheers:

I guess I never looked close enough to realize that they are glued to the mag. Can I assume the glue is included, with the clips, or, do I need to go to the hardware store, and pick something up?

It is something I was going to get, over the winter, and just realized the Rockcastle, shotgun match is only a little over a week away. :goof:

They come with double stick tape which is pretty strong. But i still wrapped mine a couple times with duct tape just to be on the safe side

Thanks! :cheers:

One more question, do you put the clips on so the shells are up, or down?

One would think I'd have noticed, with as many 3-gun matches I've been to, and Roed! :surprise:

They come with double stick tape which is pretty strong. But i still wrapped mine a couple times with duct tape just to be on the safe side

Thanks! :cheers:

One more question, do you put the clips on so the shells are up, or down?

One would think I'd have noticed, with as many 3-gun matches I've been to, and Roed! :surprise:

depends on where you put your mag. If I put the mag all the way back on my belt then bullets down. If I am reloading from the strong side hip close to the front of my body bullets up. The reason being how your hand works. Its just strait into the gun from the hip but if reacing back you have to flip your hand upside down to get a good grasp so bullets down.

Pat

I bought a 12" x 12" sheet of kydex on Amazon and making my own. First batch is 3/32" material. Will also try the 1/8" thick material. Attaching it to the magazine with some black duct tape.

The folks at R&R have a video on YouTube showing the proper speed reload for the Saiga 12 using their belt clips. Both magazine appear to be set up to have the shells up. Note that one magazine has the belt clip positioned so that the magazine is vertical when on the belt. The second magazine has the belt clip mounted at an angle so that the top of the magazine leans a little forward.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

• 3 weeks later...

Kudos to R&R for getting some clips to me in plenty of time for the Rockcastle match, and even running over rough terrain, my 10 and 15 round mags stayed on my belt. :cheers: