Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coloradans and mags

Publicola

I'm just curious, are any of y'all in Colorado (especially Henning) thinking of moving because of the mag ban? It won't kick in until July, and there's several real good reasons a court would strike it down real quick (though Colorado courts haven't been real friendly to gun owners and there's a chance they'll not act rationally) but if we are stuck with it are any of y'all planning on moving? Or are ya just stocking up on as many mags & parts (cause repairing a worn mag will be illegal too) as ya can? Or just making covert trips to Cheyenne for spares? lol

& any word on how or if this will have an effect on matches shot in Colorado? Anyone talking about rule changes to try to deal with a less than 16 round, non-removabel baseplate mag situation?

If I lived in CO, I'd just ignore the whole deal on the basis that it's unconstitutional and continue business as usual. Pretty much like I did when we had the Clinton-introduced AWB and limited mag ban. Unconstitutional laws are only restrictive if you obey them.

Just to be accurate, Ruger did not pull the World match. We agreed, as a group, unanimously, that we could not put competitors at risk, so the match can not happen in Colorado. We are working on other locations.

Mark thanks for your efforts to put on the Ruger Rimfire World Shoot. We had are hotel reservations all made for the match and were looking forward to it.

Barry

Call the hotel you had reservations at and tell them why they lost your business. I realize it's not their fault but let them know who caused their pain.

Pat

Mark thanks for your efforts to put on the Ruger Rimfire World Shoot. We had are hotel reservations all made for the match and were looking forward to it.

Barry

Call the hotel you had reservations at and tell them why they lost your business. I realize it's not their fault but let them know who caused their pain.

Pat

We did let them know why the reservations were cancelled.

Barry

I'm just curious, are any of y'all in Colorado (especially Henning) thinking of moving because of the mag ban?

Nope, no immediate plans to move for me. I got plenty of magazines and base-pads so I am not worried about this law affecting me.

If anything, I can always go back to shooting Production.

Edited by Cy Soto

Its too early to tell what is "Really" going to happen. I am stocking up on what I can afford before the July 1st implementation of the High Capacity magazine ban.

The thing that I think a lot of people don't understand is that this high capacity magazine ban will make a lot of current firearm retailers gun and magazine stock illegal to sell as of July 1st. That and not all gun manufactures currently make/sell versions of guns that will adhere to the new high cap mag ban laws. We will basically be stuck with the "California" versions of guns and mags that are available today, which is based on a 10 round mag capacity. I highly doubt that many gun manufactures would go through the trouble to make "Special" 15 rounds magazines just to be able to sell in Colorado. We will more likely lose the ability to purchase whatever firearms we want, because its too much of a pain in the butt to sell them in our state.

This new high capacity mag ban law will create an artificially high run on guns before July 1st, then the retailers will suffer big time. Its going to suck to see gun retailers go out of business or move out of state because of this stupid law. It will be interesting to see how the politicians squirm when they see massive Tax revenue evaporate after July 1st. If there is one thing they care about its $$$$

It will be interesting to see how the politicians squirm when they see massive Tax revenue evaporate after July 1st. If there is one thing they care about its $$$$

They are hoping to make the difference on the tax collected from the sale of "recreational marijuana." :devil:

It will be interesting to see how the politicians squirm when they see massive Tax revenue evaporate after July 1st. If there is one thing they care about its $$$$

They are hoping to make the difference on the tax collected from the sale of "recreational marijuana." :devil:

FAR OUT!!

Pat

Hello: I have heard that Magpul is going to move and the outdoor channel has already moved to Arizona. That is going to hurt to let that revenue leave the state and put over 800 people out of a job unless they move which I am sure most will. I also know some guys that will not shoot there now that they changed the law. I do feel sorry for the guys up there trying to put on matches since they do such a good job. Thanks, Eric

• 3 years later...

A few year old post but I thought I would chime in. Largely it seems as though there is general civil disobedience regarding the hi cap ban. They are openly being sold as "magazine kits" and most LEO's (at least most Sheriff's) are ignoring it. Magpul did indeed move and recent efforts to repeal the ban have stalled in committee. I am assuming that is election year antics.