Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the rough cost to finish a sti 2011 build?

Coleman

I have a stripped frame and stripped fitted upper sti 2011 in 40 S&W. I got all the lower parts in, now i need to start on the upper and order parts as my pocket book allows me to, but undesided on what barrel to go with. before i start asking gunsmiths what they will charge to fit everything together. I know they are very busy and dont want to waste thier time, it will allow me to save up the cash for the build and get it done right. I am sure some smiths prefer certain makers of parts in thier guns that they build. Just give a rough estimate on what a gunsmith will charge me to fit everything together.

Thanks Coleman

Edit, the gun will be used for IDPA and 3-gun

Edited by Coleman

Yup, mine came out to about $1k as well. Price starts to climb depending on what kind of slide work you want done. The more high tech finishes can also cost you a sizable chunk of your budget.

• 2 weeks later...

why not just pay for the barrel fitting and the finish. Everything else is doable with a steady hand and some shop tools. (trigger will require sear jig, but that is less than the cost of a gunsmith trigger job)?

• 5 weeks later...

I would do the work to finish it up and get it running first then farm out any cosmetics ie machining and finish. I would hit up bobby at freedom guworks for his slide lightening and copper coat or chamelion finish for something different.

• 2 weeks later...