Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Bag

kita

Where is a good place to find a range bag? I've seen people with a separate carrier for their magazines that fits right into their range bag and thought that was pretty cool. I like a lot of small pockets for miscellaneous items, but don't want anything too big. Recommendations? Plastic Walmart bags just don't cut it anymore.

Shooters Connection bags are very popular but they are on the large side. I'm thinking of getting a smaller one, like the CEDDAA bags. In most cases my car is less than 1 minute walk away from where I am shooting so I don't see a need to carry tons of spare parts etc. all over the range. I think you just need something big enough to carry the ammo you need for that session, gun, magazines and something to clean your magazines.

This one would suit that purpose, CEDDAA

Shooter's Connection has a smaller bag. The Midway bag is pretty close in design, about half the price, but can't compare in quality of workmanship or materials.

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Shooters-Connection-Tournament-Series-Shooting-Bag-Ultra-Red-P2311.aspx

or for a larger bag

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Shooters-Connection-Tournament-Series-Shooting-Bag-PRO-Red-P2309.aspx

The larger bag isn't too bad, if you load it to capacity, it can get heavy.

You shoot a Production glock, right? You probably won't need a bunch of the stuff that many carry around.

If you don't want it to look like a range bag... I've been using one of these for a couple years (got for Christmas): http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/40308?productId=638796&subrnd=0&qs=3016887_pmd_google_pla

The side pockets hold about 6 glock mags.

I don't know why people carry around such huge range bags. One of my buddies has one made by DAA that I'm pretty sure he can fit inside of.

I'm using a messenger bag with a laptop pocket that I've had for 10 years or so... I am wanting something a bit smaller though, like a Timbuk2 Classic Messenger bag. A small or a medium one should be right around the perfect size.

Shooters Connection bags are very popular but they are on the large side. I'm thinking of getting a smaller one, like the CEDDAA bags. In most cases my car is less than 1 minute walk away from where I am shooting so I don't see a need to carry tons of spare parts etc. all over the range. I think you just need something big enough to carry the ammo you need for that session, gun, magazines and something to clean your magazines.

This one would suit that purpose, CEDDAA

I have one of the ceddaa bags & carts.. for when i load my ammo, pistol, folding seat, and other shooting necessarys..

Can't go wrong with the midway bags, especially when they have em on sale

I don't know about that. I carried the Midway bag for about 8 months and it doesn't look very good. I've carried the Shooter's Connection bag for about 1-1/2 years and still looks almost new, just a little dirtier :)

I love my shooters connection bag for big matches since I can put spare parts, etc in it so I am covered when I travel.

My wife got me this for xmas as a local/wednesday night match bag.

http://www.goutdoorsproducts.com/product-lines/wild-about-shooting/shooting-bags-and-cases/medium-range-bag/

It is pretty nice anf about 1/2 or 2/3 the size of my big "travel" bag

After years of carrying heavy camera bags on my left shoulder, I finally switched to a belt and pouch system, and a backpack when the belt/pouch system wasn't feasible.....

A few years later I switched from a range bag to a backpack, specifically the Maxpedition Falcon II. It holds everything I need, and doesn't wreck my back. CED, California Comp Works (Brownells) and iShot all make mag pouches -- I have a bunch to organize mags, and to make it easy to pick up a sixpack of mags when switching guns/divisions....

After years of carrying heavy camera bags on my left shoulder, I finally switched to a belt and pouch system, and a backpack when the belt/pouch system wasn't feasible.....

A few years later I switched from a range bag to a backpack, specifically the Maxpedition Falcon II. It holds everything I need, and doesn't wreck my back. CED, California Comp Works (Brownells) and iShot all make mag pouches -- I have a bunch to organize mags, and to make it easy to pick up a sixpack of mags when switching guns/divisions....

Have you seen the guys who use converted jogging strollers? I've even seen some with umbrellas attached!

I thought about getting a wagon/stroller/cart/handtruck, but then I'd have to haul that around plus the gear, and would be tempted to bring even more junk.

I've gotten to the point where I leave my SC Ultra bag in my car or in my home range clubhouse, and just carry around the stage bag from my old big SC. Mags, magbrush and ammo, a drink and snack, sunblock and ProGrip, pen, scoresheets, rulebook and overlays. and I'm good. And there's still room in one of the side pockets for the G17 backup/calibration gun if there's the need (the 34 I play with stays holstered).