Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a new holster for PRO!

JOHNNYGLOCK

Just want some feed back. I have 3 blade tech holsters and like them, they are all revolution series, but they don't offer a revolution for my SP01 shadow. I really liked the price point of the revolution about $30 and was hoping to spend about that. If a quality holster cant be had for under $50 I was thinking ether the blade tech Stingray $65 or the Double Alpha PDR $70 and this is where the feed back comes in! I like the idea of the "inner suede leather" to help protect my shinny new pistol of the double alpha but I have no experience with them. What are the thoughts of anyone who has used both? Should I stick with what I know or is the Alpha worth a try????

I have one of the Double Alpha RACER holsters... i love it.. it holds your weapon securely, lock is easily on/off.. and is quick on the draw while covering the trigger.. not cheap by any means... but GOOD COMPETITION HOLSTER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have both a BT and a DAA PDR.

I like the light weight and slick release of the BT. The PDR is nice too, but now a backup/loaner holster.

Can you elaborate on the difference? I have the BT but there are things about it I don't quite like, mostly the angle that it sits (canted out). How does the PDR sit in that regard?

I figure the Ghost Stinger is another option.

I have both a BT and a DAA PDR.

I like the light weight and slick release of the BT. The PDR is nice too, but now a backup/loaner holster.

Can you elaborate on the difference? I have the BT but there are things about it I don't quite like, mostly the angle that it sits (canted out). How does the PDR sit in that regard?

I figure the Ghost Stinger is another option.

Most DOH type holsters sit the gun canted out.

I should clarify that I modified my PDR for SS so it sits higher and without the cant out. Essentially, I hacked the DOH bracket and reattached it.

The only thing I don't like about the PDR is that I have to spray the suede lining occassionally with silicone to keep the release slick. I don't have to do that with the BT.

Edited by lumpygravy