Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

who sells large amounts of new 5.56 brass ready to load

sardo67

well i am involved in a new start up ammo company, since the processing of once fired ammo is time comsuming and some PD contracts require the use of new brass. so, do any of the large ammo companies sell brass directly? this is for an order of 20,000+ pieces.

i have been talking with remington about it and they sell to wholesellers only, i am waiting on a reply back on how to become a wholeseller. does anyone know if the others do the same such as FC, WCC, LC or.... PPU maybe? i have been sending emails and making phone calls for a day or so but no answers or return calls yet.

If you have to buy new factory brass you may not make any money. And unfortunately, other component (primers, bullets, etc) availability right now is almost nonexistent.

I'd try to get in on one of the auctions where the government sells once fired military brass. I believe it would have crimped-in primer pockets, so it wouldn't be "ready to load", but that might be your best bet.

Good Luck!

well i am involved in a new start up ammo company, since the processing of once fired ammo is time comsuming and some PD contracts require the use of new brass. so, do any of the large ammo companies sell brass directly? this is for an order of 20,000+ pieces.

i have been talking with remington about it and they sell to wholesellers only, i am waiting on a reply back on how to become a wholeseller. does anyone know if the others do the same such as FC, WCC, LC or.... PPU maybe? i have been sending emails and making phone calls for a day or so but no answers or return calls yet.

you will need to apply for a Type 6 FFL to become a wholesaler for ammo components.

FFL isn't a problem, neither is $$$, just need to FIND the place. i looked at starline for brass and may contact them but the price of once fired 9mm is soooooooo cheap it's not worth buying new. unless they offer good disscounts on bulk orders.

those surpluss auctions aren't worth it, the last one i saw near me in CT was a 55gal frum packed full of FC 5.56 and 600lbs. sold for $3,500 which comes out to about $120/130 per 1,000 pieces WTF?!?!? i can buy it for less than that already processed from people on a few forums. that price is even more than the scrap value.

i am emailing back and fourth with Remington right now about becoming a wholeseller. i looked around on those other 2 sites but didn't see a way to contact them. i'm looking around further.

sinc we bought a pallet of primers directly from Wolf i'll ask if they imort anything else that isn't loaded ammo, why they don't import bullets for loading i am not sure.

Buying .556 brass through govliq only works when you bid on the larger lots. Right now everyone is full retard so the little lots are going high because more individuals can afford them. Last month I bid several 20,000lb + lots that stayed under $3lb for brass, it takes a lot of players out of the game when you're spending $40k plus rather than less than $5k in each lot.

Buying .556 brass through govliq only works when you bid on the larger lots. Right now everyone is full retard so the little lots are going high because more individuals can afford them. Last month I bid several 20,000lb + lots that stayed under $3lb for brass, it takes a lot of players out of the game when you're spending $40k plus rather than less than $5k in each lot.

do you have that much brass? very interested in a large supply of like 20,000+ pieces.

so do you reload it or recycle or....?