Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are basepads required for Zev magwell on G20?

Steven420

Here is a pic of my G22 with the Zev magwell and standard mag installed. They sit about flush, if your mags drop free easily, you could run it that way. You could always get some +0 base pads from Zev

20130319_135343_zps02fb9792.jpg

Here is a link to the Zev +0's:

http://www.glockworx...353060&CAT=3693

Edited by Tuflehundon

Not to sound rude, but I'm well aware of how the Zev magwell fits a MEDIUM FRAMED glock 22. I am asking about the LARGE FRAME glock 20. That's a very nice looking glock 22 you have there, thanks for sharing.

Steve

Fit is the same. I had one on my G21 before and it was the same height top to bottom as this one, it was just wider and longer to fit the frame. I was able to use the standard mags, but it worked better once I put on extensions.

First off thanks so much for not taking offense to the way I speak. Second, that's the info I was looking for. I apologize but I've never had much tact. Thanks so much. Is Arredondo the only manufacturer of the extended base pads for G20/21?

Steve

Edited by Steven420

No worries. Taylor Freelance makes a Brass +0 basepad for the 20 / 21. But the only basepads I can find that add capacity are the Arredondo's.

Taylor +0:

http://shop.taylorfr...&products_id=34

Arredondo +4:

http://www.glockworx...375288&CAT=3693

I have the Brass Taylor's and the Arredondo's for mine. I like the Taylor for the weight, but the Arredondo's are so much easier to take apart and clean in the field.

Edited by Tuflehundon

Standard mags will work but very difficult to get them to seat correctly. I Use a carver big mouth magwell and Arredondo extensions on my Glock 20 w/ 6 inch slide. I can usually get 20 rds reloadable.

The carver magwell is much larger than the Zev. With the Zev magwell, they seat easily, but if they stick at all it would be a pain to get them out on the clock.

First off thanks so much for not taking offense to the way I speak. Second, that's the info I was looking for. I apologize but I've never had much tact. Thanks so much. Is Arredondo the only manufacturer of the extended base pads for G20/21?

Steve

Taylor Freelance use to make extension base pads for the 20 but don't anymore. I emailed them when I saw they weren't offered on their site and they said the followers changed and wouldn't work with their extensions. I have 4 of them and they work with the mags I have but I wish I could get a couple more.