Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SS Holster Offset

kmc

Per Appendix D5 #10, the maximum distance of handgun and mags/speed loaders from inner side of the belt is 2".

Can anyone confirm the proper interpretation?

Is this measured from the inner side of the belt the holster is mounted on to the inside (body) side of the gun?

or the inside of the inside belt?

or the outside of the gun?

I've been assuming the first...

And 2 inches offset is quite a bit I have half inch spacers in mine and am still not at the limit

Not if you are fat it isn't. I've seen plenty of shooter that a 2" space would be considered concealed carry even if the are wearing a jacket.

Edited by GigG

If you are overweight you can get an exemption on the distance the holster is away from the belt. Same is true for other problems caused by a handicap or other physical deformity.

I sincerely hope you are kidding.

An individual in a wheel chair I can understand an exemption, but obesity?! c'mon man!

If you are overweight you can get an exemption on the distance the holster is away from the belt. Same is true for other problems caused by a handicap or other physical deformity.

I missed that. What rule would I cite?

Maybe I'm just not reading "fat" as an allowable exemption.

10.2.10 Special penalty: A competitor unable to fully execute any part of a course of fire due to incapacity or injury may, prior to making his attempt at the course of fire, request that the Range Master apply a penalty in lieu of the stated course requirement.

10.2.10.1 Exception – In a weak hand/strong hand stage, a competitor who has physical use of only one hand may use the same hand for both weak and strong without penalty.

10.2.10.2 If the request is approved by the Range Master, a minimum of one procedural penalty, up to a maximum penalty of 20% of the competitor’s points “as shot” (rounded up to the nearest whole number), will be deducted from the competitor’s score. For example, if 100 points are available in the course of fire and the competitor actually scores 90 points, the special penalty is a

deduction of 18 points. The Range Master may waive any or all procedural penalties in respect of a competitor who has a significant physical disability prior to the competitor making his attempt at the course of fire.

Mark,

what about:

5.2.9 Competitors deemed by the Range Master to be significantly disabled may be given special dispensation in relation to the type and/or placement of their holster and related equipment, and the Range Master will remain the final authority in respect of the safety and suitability of using such equipment at USPSA matches.

How 'bout a scale, a tape measure, and a BMI calculator at chrono?

"A BMI of ≥ 35 and experiencing obesity- related health conditions or ≥40 is morbid obesity"

Edited by diehli