Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LED light for 550B

For those of you that would like to light up the inside of your 550B so you can see whats going on, especially the powder charge, i have found the perfect light. I contacted Inline Fabrications, who make Egro handles and other accessories for Dillon Presses. They also have LED strip lights for various presses. I sent an email asking if the strip lights would fit the 550. They have a new one out that isn't on their site yet. It fits into the center hole of the tool head. It has an on off switch and let me tell you, it REALLY lights up the inside of the press well. You could turn off all other lights in the room and still see and reload. No trouble seeing the powder in your case. It's one of the best add-ons i have for my press. If your interested, send them an email or call. It's a well thought out design. Check it out !!

Unfortunately the Skylight doesn't fit l some of the older toolheads. I measured a few of my toolheads for Dan a couple of weeks ago so I suspect that he might be making a change going forward but I haven't heard back yet.

Is is what I used. A $19 clamp style LED desk lamp I found at Lowes.It has 200 lumens and only draws just under 2 watts. http://www.lowes.com...ing|1=

post-11020-0-64664300-1363694860_thumb.j

That is the same on that I use. Nice because I use the right hand side of my bench to inspect finished rounds and other work and the neck of the light will swing around to the other side of the press when I need it. It does not get hot at all like a regular or halogen light will either.

For those of you that would like to light up the inside of your 550B so you can see whats going on, especially the powder charge, i have found the perfect light. I contacted Inline Fabrications, who make Egro handles and other accessories for Dillon Presses. They also have LED strip lights for various presses. I sent an email asking if the strip lights would fit the 550. They have a new one out that isn't on their site yet. It fits into the center hole of the tool head. It has an on off switch and let me tell you, it REALLY lights up the inside of the press well. You could turn off all other lights in the room and still see and reload. No trouble seeing the powder in your case. It's one of the best add-ons i have for my press. If your interested, send them an email or call. It's a well thought out design. Check it out !!

Can you post pictures of your set up with the light? Sounds great.

I recently got one as well. It is awesome. Beats the heck out of all the work around a I have tried.

I have some older tool heads set up for calibers I don't often use now I will have to see if it fits them. I might have to modify them to fit the light.

This is what I use. $15 at Ikea. I have one that I move between the presses. You can position the light to shine anywhere with the flex hose.

post-5006-0-16651800-1363829046_thumb.jp

Edited by al503