Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Akai Custom?

G34 CORDY

Iam about to pull the trigger on a Akai Custom but need some help picking one. Some say the 6in then some say a 5inch full dust cover. Iam at the point where Iam just going to order one and just shoot it but I would like to pick the right one. I know everyone is different but anyone have any experience with these.

You change guns more than underwear! I thought just 6 months ago you didn't like your 2011 because of the balance, so you got a CZ Tac Sport for limited? :surprise:

You don't know any 6 inch shooters at your local match?

That would be a better process than asking a buncha dudes on a forum, where opinions run rampant.

It's a matter of preference. Some shooters like it 6, some 5. What can help you go to a local match and ask shooters with 6 and 5 for a test. Most of them will say yes, unless they're really low on ammo.

Personally, I like the 5 inch but I think 6 inches are cool too once you configure the right load and spring rate. Shay will definitely help you out!

You change guns more than underwear! I thought just 6 months ago you didn't like your 2011 because of the balance, so you got a CZ Tac Sport for limited? :surprise:

You don't know any 6 inch shooters at your local match?

That would be a better process than asking a buncha dudes on a forum, where opinions run rampant.

I had to sell my old guns now Iam able to buy new ones so that's what Iam doing nuff said but thanks for the help. The CZ will be setup up also as many of us I like different guns.

I tried a 6" gun and liked the additional sight plane. The draw back to me was the timing of the gun. It did not seem to recover for the next shot as fast as my 5" gun.

Some people I know have gone to the 6" and swear by them. It is once again a matter of personal preferrence and shooting style.

I have both. I like both. The 6" is flatter. The sight radius is way nicer, I like the 6" one better. The 5" is faster on the draws and transitions but not by much. It also has a snappier recoil which some like. I recently had a 5" 9mm too built for 3gun and that will probably be how that gun stays configured from here on out.

I don't find the 6" gun to be slow by any means. I actually think that the timing is very similar to my open gun. I used to have a fat free and although it was an awesome gun, I didn't like the recoil impulse of it. It really liked 165's going fast and I enjoy a 200gr n320 combination much better. The new 6" gun works great with that.