Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek basepads

WidowsSon683

So I had trouble today with all 8 of my Canyon Creek equipped mags. From the follower sticking, to ftf, to the follower and a round getting wedged sideway in the mag 4 different times on 4 different mags. And i was only loading them to 20. Oh, I have them in the 16 rd .40 mags. Anybody got any advice on how to prevent this or rectify it. Also what do you use to pull the spring so that you can remove the base pads.

Did you push/file the lower tab on the front of the mag tubes flush? It might be hanging up on that and do you bump the bottom of the mag as you load it?

You don't have to do anything with the spring when removing the base pad, the pad will slide off and release before the pad and tube can contact the spring.

If there is enough still protruding in to catch the follower or the spring it can cause malfunctions. I modified a set of vise-grips to flush the tab or it can be filed/sanded down.

Rich

• 1 month later...