Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI sights

jpsac2003

Ordered mine from shooters connection on monday….they arrived on wednesday. Fiber is changeable and comes with red and green fiber. It won’t fall out unless you break it in half somehow or cut it.

Pardon me of I’m insulting your intelligence but by your question I assume you have not installed a FO front sight before? To do so take the tube and insert it through the holes fully. Next, starting with the side facing the rear sight ( the part you look at) hit it with a lighter and as soon as it begins melting pull it sharply to the rear. It will stop. Next using a pair of nail clippers cut off the remaining FO on the other side leaving approximately 1/16th of an inch sticking out. Take a lighter to that and let it melt into the sight. The FO will now be snug and not move at all.

Nail clippers make a very clean cut on the FO and are easiest I find.

Hope that helps.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks and no I have messed with quite a few fiber I just wasn't for sure if this sight was similar to a tfo where u really can't change the fiber. I have read quite a few reports of fiber falling out of those that's why I ask. Actually I have 2 guns with warren/sevigny comp sights

Thanks again for all the info

Got to take the new sights out to the range yesterday. I am really very happy with them. I ran all my standard drills with them and shot a plate rack as far back as 35yards. I found them to be fast, accurate and the ratio of front sight width to rear notch width works very well.

I shoot 147gr Montana Golds loaded to a 130 power factor. They were point of aim point of impact out to 25yds. Beyond that I “shoot the dot” using the center of the dot as my aim point rather than the top of the sight and the plates were falling no problem.

This weekend they will tested in a both USPSA and IDPA.

Nice video BTW…..really good quality camera work!

I can not take credit for it personally it was posted by OilTheGun

It helped my not have my front FO bulged out since the last ones were a bit. Not is just in the hole and the back of it is bulged and locked in place.

Guys I am glad I listened to you guys, received my sights this morning from Shooters Connection and could not be more happy with them. Def plenty of sight picture through the rear sight. Thank you guys for the advice and good info.

Guys I am glad I listened to you guys, received my sights this morning from Shooters Connection and could not be more happy with them. Def plenty of sight picture through the rear sight. Thank you guys for the advice and good info.

So glad you like them! I’ve used them in USPSA, IDPA and 3gun now. Lots of small steel in the 3gun and they work great!

I moved from sevigny to sevigny rear and dawson front for the brighter fiber optic, to these. Honestly they are all pretty comparable but I prefer these for reasons previously stated.

I was using the .100 or was it .110 wide by .245 tall Dawson with the Sevigny rear. This gave a lot of room on either side of the front sight. These are a little tighter but still plenty of light on each side of the front blade. Of all three I find the Warrens to have the dimmest front dot mostly due to the shorter length of exposed fiber optic. I use green inserts and like it as bright as possible.

Walnut Creek eh? I was born there…. just don’t tell anybody else I’m originally from Cali….wait….public forum….damn!!!

I put these on a Gen4 Glock 17. I love the sight picture compared to the Warrens. The huge notch on the Warrens was fast, but didn't give me as much precision as I wanted on far partials or small steel.

I have found the .220 front sight that comes with the TTIs is too short, and the gun groups about 3" high at 20yds with 124s. A .245 should be just right.

I put these on a Gen4 Glock 17. I love the sight picture compared to the Warrens. The huge notch on the Warrens was fast, but didn't give me as much precision as I wanted on far partials or small steel.

I have found the .220 front sight that comes with the TTIs is too short, and the gun groups about 3" high at 20yds with 124s. A .245 should be just right.

I have a .245 warren sight I was thinking about replacing with one of these TTI fronts.... would you want to trade?

Does anyone know how wide the notch is on the rear sight of the TTIs? Warren/Sevigny makes a "Narrow" competition sight that brings it down to a .130 instead of the normal comp notch that is .150. I am still going back and forth between these two sight sets. I should be ordering them by this weekend, if I can make up my mind.

Edited by SpaceFlunky

This is exactly why I haven't tried these yet. I need an adjustable rear

Indeed. Having to spend $50 to get the sight dialed in on top of the $85 they cost annoys me. I suppose I can recoup some of it by selling the .220, but still.

My single stacks have adjustables. After this, I'm even more convinced adjustable is the only way to roll.

For now I swear by the Dawson's ( the rusting is my only issue, i see no reason sending it back to have it re-blued, maybe have it metal treated though). I've tried other adjustable sights but didn't like that they glared and not have a crisp sight picture.

For now I swear by the Dawson's ( the rusting is my only issue, i see no reason sending it back to have it re-blued, maybe have it metal treated though). I've tried other adjustable sights but didn't like that they glared and not have a crisp sight picture.

I just ordered a set of the adjustable Dawsons. I should have them installed by this weekend.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the 245 front Sevigney. They shot low on my 34. So I just got the TTI which I belive the front sight is 220. I shoot low but not as much. I might even try the lower Sevigney.

But over all I do like the TTI sights.

Jan