Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The New 5.4 ?

rerun

Can anyone tell me if anyone besides S-- offers the 5.4 " limited gun configuration?.

I don't know this to be true but i heard that it was simply a 6" slide and barrel cut down to 5.4?

SVI is the first to make this a standard option as far as I know. They are using a specific frame, barrel, and slide for these. They use a standard length guide rod so the rails on the frame, barrel, and slide are made the .4" longer than a 5". You can get bushing, bull, or sight tracker barrel configurations.

Can anyone tell me if anyone besides S-- offers the 5.4 " limited gun configuration?.

I don't know this to be true but i heard that it was simply a 6" slide and barrel cut down to 5.4?

I have been building 5.5 guns for years, nothing new.

Is it a 6 cut down ? I would love to have one of these in 10 mm with another .40s&w barrel to shoot USPSA.................By the way the 10 is a personal pref. for protection and HOGS!...................lol

I'll bet you that you cant buy any of those parts from SVI either can you?.............Although the barrel gotta be coming from Shueman maybe Will sells them to the General public?

5.4 is the longest configuration to fit the box for IPSC and have the longer sight radius than a traditional 5 inch. A number of parts have to be changed/ modified to fit the box and still have the longer front end. It is a bit of a different animal than my 5 inch Sight Tracker. Everyone who picks it up loves it but "feels" the differences. Most of the Team Members have one now so if you see us at a match, we will have one with us for you to play with and drool over. Just ask-that is what they are made for.

Best Regards,

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity

SV makes their own barrels. You can call in an order for any barrel they make.

WOW i didn't know they made their own barrels? I thought Schueman built their barrels ? Sorry to SVI I didn't know !

There are quite a few other smiths' that use SVI barrels in their new guns and re-builds.

It sounds like to me that you would have to have their frame their barrel and their slide , sounds like about $2000.00 grand to me..........lol..........and thats without having it fit and finished!...............sheeeew i better stick to my first idea and buy a Tanfoglio and just shoot the hell out of it!!!!...........lol

SV's 6" guns are stretched in the middle, so you just can't cut a half inch off a 6" gun. Those of you that have them, is the extra .4" added on the end or in the middle of the 5.4" gun? I have a Schuemann 6" barrel and you can't just cut it, there wouldn't be enough to lock it tight.

The 5.4 allows for the best of both as I do shoot USPSA and IPSC. The games are close but there are some significant differences. This way I don't have to shoot one gun for USPSA and another for IPSC which can be a pain in the butt. The big differences are the International mags (124's with +2 wedge pad that must be inserted in the gun to fit the box, 170 minimum power factor and position of the holster/mag pouches). Some people don't care as they will never travel outside of the US to play the game, but if you want to play on vacation then you have to fit the rules of IPSC.

Then there is the Cool factor.....the 5.4 makes you take notice pretty quick. You know there is something different about it but it is subtle. You just have to pick it up, which is when you start to notice the details. And then you want one.........I made that very same mistake but I am glad that I did. Yes, they cost $$$$, but anything of quality does. You get what you pay for. After that you add in the group support. At match's all over the world, SV shooters find each other, talk trash and provide support for each other even when they are competing against each other. Plus the blue shirt is very slimming for the camera's ........(got that from Taran Butler back in 2004)

SV has been making thier own barrels since at least 2007 as my duotone Sight Tracker was one of thier first production runs with thier own barrels.

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity