Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People who post the word "not" on Gunbroker

JerryShoots

Ever run into this one....

You want a specific firearm. Exactly that firearm. Not anything else just that.

So you type that gun into the search bar on Gunbroker and....

BAM! 760 items found! Wow they must all be what you're looking for!

Nope -.-

759 of them are cheap knockoffs or lesser grade wannabe clones of what your looking for. Why did these things come up?

Because the person selling them knew what you really would want is the real deal so they added "not" to the front of their post...

NIB Citadel 1911! LOOOK!

NOT Nighthawk, Not Wilson Combat, Not Springfield

ARGH! If I wanted a Citadel I would type in Citadel. I know the difference and there is no way I'm going on Gunbroker looking for a Wilson and instead am going to buy a Citadel.

But that's ok. I'll just click through all 760 hoping to find the right thing...

Go ahead reply. Maybe I can send a copy to Gunbroker and get them to change their TOS..... NOT!

• 1 month later...

J, this is the most annoying this I have found with Broker. Total pain in the ass.

Quick story. Last summer I was looking for a Brno 611, which is a 22 mag. As an FYI they also made a Brno 611a... they sell for FAR less and are not in the same ball park of the 611. Well there was a douchebag seller who had a 611a listed for well over 7 months (I kept my eye on it tracking it for a long time to see if this jerk was going to scam someone).

The seller listed it as follows: BRNO ZKM-611 ZKM 611 A 22 magnum... He had very suspect pictures and if you were not 100% familiar with the rifle you were looking at, you could easily be tricked into thinking this was an actual 611, when in reality it was actually a 611A. The way its worded in the title makes it sound like the guy is saying its "a 22 magnum". I Pm-ed the guy telling him I think he should change this as its pretty much not ethical. Basically got a reply saying to mind my own business. Oh well I guess.

Well long story short. The rifle sells for far over even what an original 611 would typically sell for. The poor guy who got this thing just overpaid by 600 bucks because he thought it was a totally different gun. Some of these jerk off's on Broker are getting to be annoying in the worst way and I wish that the mods over there would just kick them out when they pull stuff like that. (word spamming, misleading ad's, etc...).

Anyway, the auction was listed as "no returns"... I am pretty sure when the buyer finds out he paid for a very cheap second generation rifle that is far from what he tought he bought, is going to have a shit fit. Total crap...

Edited by Cundiff5535

• 4 weeks later...

Add the negative sign for the word you wish to skip. If you want DPMS

Enter "DPMS" "-not" into the search bar and it will remove all those yahoos that tried to slip the "not" to you. If nothing else it will give the nice posters first whack at your business.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Add the negative sign for the word you wish to skip. If you want DPMSEnter "DPMS" "-not" into the search bar and it will remove all those yahoos that tried to slip the "not" to you. If nothing else it will give the nice posters first whack at your business. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Great suggestion, thanks. The sellers who play the "not" game are, in my opinion, unethical and waste everyone's time.

Dog