Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range day with the family

Jon Merricks

I hate to say it but my shooting habit has pretty much been a self serving hobby. Well today I'm taking the family to the range. For my daughters they will be shooting guns I bought them before they were born and have been sitting in the safe for 13 and 11 years unfired, one is still in the plastic. Unfortunately the little fella has to stay behind but since he will be a good age once the girls are off to college he and I will get plenty of trigger time later.

Good thing I've got a footlocker full of assorted ammo so we can shoot a little of everything.

What sucks is my 13 year old was wanting to shoot the zombie killin AR and all I got is 20 rounds of frangible.

I remember when I took both of my daughters to the range. Thanks for reminding me, and have fun making some memories of your own. :)

Edited by Youngeyes

Everyone had a blast. My oldest daughter really loved shooting trap. We stayed just behind the trap house to get her use to shooting her shotgun and getting an eye for the birds. She did really well hitting about 60-70% in heavy winds. I'm not sure how well the 410 will handle the distance if we step back in to the lanes but we will give it a try next time.

The 11 year old loved plinking the metal targets with her 10-22 and picked up on the iron sites quickly.

They recently saw one of the junior girls shooting on you tube and really want to get into the pistols soon.

Started all of my kids shooting young (about 3 for the youngest) I would hold the pistol with them and they worked the trigger. Working on my grand-kids now (have taken about 1/2 of them shooting). Is definitely fun. Our 4th of July tradition is going out and shooting... (.22 rifle, .22 pistol, various handguns) My wife loves to shoot the AR's.