Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how to install warren or 10-8 rear sight?

vactor

how to install warren or 10-8 rear sight???

i have the 10-8 rear and warren tactical sev carry sights. neither will fit the jaws of either of my rear sight tools (MGW 309 GLK and a glock OEM rear sight tool)

what tool (i do not want to use a punch) do i use to push them on? ugh. help plz! is there a sight pusher that will fit?

You should be able to push the sight about 1/3 of the way in by hand. If you can't then lay the sight on a file and file one way down the entire length then turn sight 180 degrees and do it again. When you can get it to go in the 1/3 drive it the rest of the way with a brass, aluminum, or nylon punch.

• 2 weeks later...

Even with only steel punches, you can cover the ends in a few layers of electrical tape to serve as a buffer. I got the Delrin punches from 10-8 last year, and they work pretty well. Not perfect, but pretty well.

I just installed Warrens on my G19. I used a triangle file from Brownells file the sight down until I could push in the sight 1/2-2/3 of the way in the slide, then put the slide in a vice. using a piece of plywood and a hammer, I knocked it in the rest of the way.

You should be able to push the sight about 1/3 of the way in by hand. If you can't then lay the sight on a file and file one way down the entire length then turn sight 180 degrees and do it again. When you can get it to go in the 1/3 drive it the rest of the way with a brass, aluminum, or nylon punch.

Yep, you need to fit those sights as mentioned above.

Edited by kodiakpb