Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie from Central Florida

GTGunner

Hello everybody,

I live on the Space Coast after having retired from the US Air Force. I have been shooting for years and with the scarcity of ammo recently, I have decided to finally start reloading. I am looking to learn from you guys since I have no experience reloading ammo. I do have a close friend that will also be helping me that is experienced. I will be ordering a Dillon 550b + accessories from Brian Enos soon because of what I have learned already on this forum. By the way, I carry a SIG 1911 C3 or a G27. Sometimes I'll carry a SIG P938 in the heat of the summer. My wife has a SA 1911EMP in 9mm and a SIG P238. For long guns, I shoot 5.56, .308, 12 gauge (R870) and .45 Colt in a 1860 Henry rifle. With that many calibers, I always figured getting into reloading would be cost prohibitive so I was always at a loss for where to start. Now that I have decided to order the 550b, I intend to start with just .45 ACP and .308 since those tend to be the most expensive rounds I shoot regularly. The other calibers will have to wait until the budget allows. Anyway, I am glad I came across this forum because with your advice and that of my friend I will avoid many costly mistakes. Cheers!

I hear you. I figure I will get started now while it is insane and learn as much as I can. I have access to a few components from a local supplier and I have been saving my brass for the past year so I should be able to learn until the insanity is behind us later this year. Thanks!