Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder jumping out of cases....new 650 user

Ok got everything all setup on the 650...but running into a small issue.

When moving from station 2-3. From the powder station to the powder check station when the shell plate 'snaps' into the 3rd station (check station) it snaps so hard powder jumps out of the shell that was just filled.

Ummm....I don't want to mess with it needlessly....how do I fix this issue to maybe make it a bit 'smoother' so it doesn't 'jerk' powder out of the shell?

Thanks

DTT

I had the same problem. The problem for me was the case insert was too far up. I do not have the part number but it needed the rod coming from the top of the press turned lowered.

After I adjusted that rod so the brass was not snapping into station one the powder stopped jumping out of my cases.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense and I will break out the manual.

I hated that problem. Besides doing all of the above, make sure that bench is stable and not flexing. I just set up a new bench (my third and hopefully last) over 15 years and this time my presses are mounted solid and steady. It will help a lot after ironing out the suggestions from the other guys here.

Dog

I had the same problem. The problem for me was the case insert was too far up. I do not have the part number but it needed the rod coming from the top of the press turned lowered.

After I adjusted that rod so the brass was not snapping into station one the powder stopped jumping out of my cases.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense and I will break out the manual.

interesting, if you could indicate that rod's part number it would make it easier, for me anyway, to visualize that, thanks